California NorCal Jeep adventures!

Playing tourist on the way home on U.S. 101
Pic #13.png

Glad you missed all the fire drama on your journey. How'd the RTT perform?
We didn't miss the fire drama......was getting home Friday just when it started. Went through Hwy 20 with flames right at the edge of the Hwy. I was surprised it wasn't shut down, but very very happy it wasn't! Saturday, hosing everything down around the house for the fire coming into Lakeport.

Oh I see how it is! Slick Rock wasn't good enough for you? Lol! Glad you got out there and banged around thru the rocks a bit. You could manage the whole trail on your setup, but you'd want friends along to drag you thru some of the sportier stuff, and lots of under armor. I ran the trail on 32's, but had to stack rocks a few times, and pull cable once.
Well, Loon Lake is a bit closer than Slick Rock :D Running stuff like that on 31's definitely solidified my desire for a higher clearance skid. That low hanging turd was constantly banging and getting hung up. I actually got hung up once on a rear ca bracket while trying to back up for another wheeler. He gave me a quick tug and we were on our way.

I think I’ve read this somewhere before but did you fab your trailer yourself or buy one of the kits? Looks exactly like I want, might look into storage units sometime I could store a trailer in...

I think I’ve read this somewhere before but did you fab your trailer yourself or buy one of the kits? Looks exactly like I want, might look into storage units sometime I could store a trailer in...
If you're talking about my trailer, I bought it several years ago. Its a "Pack Mule" Jeep trailer. They were made for about 5 or 6 years in Marysville California back in the 80s. They are getting harder and harder to find. I did a lot of work to it fixing it up. New axle, top, paint, wheels and tires. It looked like this when I bought it.
Old Jeep trailer.jpg

Reactions: Alex01 and tomtaylz
We are safe. Camped out in the RV in dunnigan. No internet, so won't on here much till we can get home
Glad you guys are ok. I keep checking on the fire map thinking how close you are to it. Be safe. Let us know if you need anything.

Reactions: tomtaylz
Glad you guys missed the fires. I was supposed to spend the weekend wheeling in the High Lakes area above Chico, but was evacuated Thursday night in the Carr Fire. I still have a house but nearly all of my neighbors don't, including the houses on either side of me and all but 3 houses on the street behind me.

To keep this jeep related, here's a shot from the jeep as I was evacuating. We had 5 minutes notice. Hopefully the evacuation orders will be rescinded by the end of the week and I can return home. I was able to hike in Friday morning to see if my house was still there before the National Guard arrived. The area is sealed off now.

37932891_10155446964071566_5406141937533059072_n.jpg

And a shot from my back yard the morning after:

37898658_10155446966801566_6398845635692331008_n.jpg

Glad you guys missed the fires. I was supposed to spend the weekend wheeling in the High Lakes area above Chico, but was evacuated Thursday night in the Carr Fire. I still have a house but nearly all of my neighbors don't, including the houses on either side of me and all but 3 houses on the street behind me.

To keep this jeep related, here's a shot from the jeep as I was evacuating. We had 5 minutes notice. Hopefully the evacuation orders will be rescinded by the end of the week and I can return home. I was able to hike in Friday morning to see if my house was still there before the National Guard arrived. The area is sealed off now.

View attachment 49556

View attachment 49557
Wow man! That’s crazy how hit and miss the fire was. I’m down in Orland if you need anything

View attachment 49556

View attachment 49557

Stay safe.

Wow I've been watching the news over here about the fires etc......Hope everyone is ok and you have properties to come back too.

View attachment 49556

View attachment 49557
Wow, that was close and am hoping the worst is over.