California NorCal Jeep adventures!

I had similar leak this last Friday. I was at my parents house in Modesto and we got rain Thursday night and Friday morning. I was parked in the drive way with slight incline. I didnt take a photo while the floor wet, but you can see where water was dripping down near the brake pedal.
IMG_20181125_133413.jpg

Reactions: tomtaylz
When I got home on Saturday I cleaned out the cowl drain. I've never done it since i've owned it. I'm pretty sure it was clogged. It was full of leaves, pine needles and dirt. I pushed a bunch of debris out with a coat hanger and flushed it out with water. Hopefully that was the problem.

Here's some of the debris that came out when I blew the drain with compressed air.
IMG_20181125_133130.jpg

Reactions: tomtaylz
When I got home on Saturday I cleaned out the cowl drain. I've never done it since i've owned it. I'm pretty sure it was clogged. It was full of leaves, pine needles and dirt. I pushed a bunch of debris out with a coat hanger and flushed it out with water. Hopefully that was the problem.

Here's some of the debris that came out when I blew the drain with compressed air.
View attachment 65051

Good to know I’ll have to do this in a couple of weeks when I have time. My leak is actually pretty bad, I put a towel down there for Friday’s rain and the towel was soaked. Definitely on the top of my list to fix now.

Good to know I’ll have to do this in a couple of weeks when I have time. My leak is actually pretty bad, I put a towel down there for Friday’s rain and the towel was soaked. Definitely on the top of my list to fix now.
Yeah, how does that saying go 'Out of sight, out of mind' you don't even think about all the debris that can get down there until you start getting wet feet...A plus is that its free to fix ….:thumbsup: Good luck.

Ok jeeples, Thanksgiving is over and the storms are bringing the white stuff. What's up next?
My jeep is out of commission for the next 2 weeks or so while I await parts. Apparently, I got overzealous when I saw the original 1 week timeline for my fenders. Once I get it back together though I would be game for a snow run.

Heading to the Mendocino National Forest tomorrow in search of snow and Christmas trees. Will report back tomorrow evening or Sunday morning.

This thread is worthless without pics

Good luck LR ! Man I wish I could have made this run. We are chained up and heading up to grab a Christmas tree this weekend also on our side of MNF with no quarantine.

Reactions: lowranger
I tagged along with a local 4WD clubs’ Christmas Tree Run in Lassen National Forest. Lots of fresh snow. It was the type of snow that’s fun to drive in.

I tagged along with a local 4WD clubs’ Christmas Tree Run in Lassen National Forest. Lots of fresh snow. It was the type of snow that’s fun to drive in.

I bet Lassen had some good snow. Yea it was all powder up in MNF. So fun driving in that stuff.

Reactions: Daryl