California NorCal Jeep adventures!

I'm driving to Fort Bragg 8/16 for an easy weekend on Usal Road and surrounds with a small contingent from the Black Sheep 4WD Club. The idea is to camp at the coast, relax, and do some scenic overlanding [horrors! such blasphemy!] someplace where it isn't 109 degrees. We'll be in a small RV park that I am told is somewhat hidden and has pines. Sunday the plan is Sherwood forest to Willits, lunch, then home.

If any of you nearby forum regulars are so inclined, you have all the clues you need to find us. :)

Wave as you go by. I'll be at Union Landing campground this afternoon, doing some similar relaxing/escaping heat.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
Happy hunting!
Thanks!! It would be better if trees quit falling in the road. Just when you think you have all the roads cleared, another one falls.
IMG_20190816_111525232_HDR.jpg

The weather on the Mendocino Coast was perfect!!!! Cool breezes and clear skies. A bit of fog Sunday morning but it burned off by 11.

Usal Road was in much better shape than when I first drove it two years ago. There were only a few people at Usal Beach which surprised me for mid-August. Unfortunately, the road at Four Corners down to the bluffs at Sinkyone Wilderness State Park was closed. Don't know why. We decided to head back to Leggett then Route 1 south to the NorCal Brewery to end the day.

I didn't take many photos. Others are better at it than I am so I usually borrow theirs. This is all I have until then:

Campsite in Fort Bragg 08 16 2019.jpg

Hidden Cove Fort Bragg.jpg

Mendocino Coast near Glass Beach.jpg

What’s your plan with it ? How big of a lift can you get on those. Looks awesome

Right now it’s on 32s with just spacer. I will probably only go to 33s at some point, I don’t want a huge lift. Not going to do anything for a little bit, it has front/rear lockers from the factory so should be pretty capable.

It’s going to be more camping sort of based though, maybe eventually a RTT and things of that nature. In the future I’ll also do new bumpers all around, and want to put a trail cam up front sooner than later as there’s a OEMish part for that.