California NorCal Jeep adventures!

We've dabbled with some off grid camping in Mendo National, before it all burned up, that is.
IMG_4368.JPG

Reactions: tomtaylz and Alex01
I spent ALOT of time up on the Mendo last year with work... following that fire all around the eel river.
@lowranger is that a M416 trailer or similar old military style? I’m envious of your setup... my new welder is enroute to the house for whenever I get off work to start tinkering. Since I do have the 4cyl I will probably try to go a little lighter, have been looking at some of the northern tool trailers as a starting point.

I spent ALOT of time up on the Mendo last year with work... following that fire all around the eel river.
@lowranger is that a M416 trailer or similar old military style? I’m envious of your setup... my new welder is enroute to the house for whenever I get off work to start tinkering. Since I do have the 4cyl I will probably try to go a little lighter, have been looking at some of the northern tool trailers as a starting point.
Its an old "Pack Mule" trailer made back in the 80s in Marysville California to tow behind a Jeep.
It looked like this when I bought it. Found it just North of Reno Nevada.
CIMG4736.JPG

Reactions: EJD and Alex01
Would you be interested in something like this to tow behind your 4 cyl TJ?
IMG_20191104_112854883.jpg

Will have to just keep scrolling Craigslist... definitely love the look of yours, and will probably just end up building something custom to fit my needs... ideally I’d like to have the RTT on top, some storage on bottom, and in that dead space between I’m ideally going to have it setup to strap 1 or 2 of my surfboards.... in the front I’m hoping to run a small solar panel to an inverter for basic accessories..... BIG Dreams, small trailer.

Reactions: lowranger
Will have to just keep scrolling Craigslist... definitely love the look of yours, and will probably just end up building something custom to fit my needs... ideally I’d like to have the RTT on top, some storage on bottom, and in that dead space between I’m ideally going to have it setup to strap 1 or 2 of my surfboards.... in the front I’m hoping to run a small solar panel to an inverter for basic accessories..... BIG Dreams, small trailer.

@lowranger is kind of our jeep trailer guru around here. If you know what you want, chances are he'll find it for you. He found and helped me build Frankintrailer.

Reactions: tomtaylz and Alex01
I’m going down to Death Valley Dec 22nd through 29th. Also I’m away the weekend of Jan 17th.

Would we want to head to the mountains and try and play in some
snow or probably deal with mud?

Reactions: DrDmoney