California NorCal Jeep adventures!

Just a quick camping trip to Mendocino NF. No real wheeling just playing in the creeks. Need get my steering tightened down before any more trips. Steering wheel is at 20-30* off center😳
View attachment 348969

View attachment 348968

View attachment 348970

View attachment 348971

Just a quick camping trip to Mendocino NF. No real wheeling just playing in the creeks. Need get my steering tightened down before any more trips. Steering wheel is at 20-30* off center😳
View attachment 348969

View attachment 348968

View attachment 348970

View attachment 348971

I would fix your steering as soon as possible. Mine went from 30 to 50% really fast and then the brakes automatically started pulsating on and off-traction control system reading different wheel speeds. Had to get it towed to an Alignment shop.

Oops, for work, grabbed the wrong pic.

We have every type of printer and I helped build some of the craziest of them myself as well. At this point, don’t think there hasn’t been something I have not tried to print. Glass, biological, metals, carbon and many others😉.

Looking for a job? People with 3D experience are hard to find. Lol

Off to Sierra Trek ( Fordyce trail )
Set up camp and hitting the trail early in the morning
247C3115-73CB-4299-8D87-FDE926200AA8.jpeg

7F6B2DA0-3C46-4B6B-8F7F-11FA290DC08D.jpeg

How'd it go? @Daryl Did you work it this year?
It wasn’t very good this year. Our committee chair was in an accident on the way there. I was one tow vehicle behind him. The trail was lacking volunteers, the food was so-so. The event is dying a slow death in my opinion. Only 44 rigs on Friday.

F2490844-1D4C-41CA-AAA5-6FB81296DBFF.jpeg

59C58E26-C06D-47AB-AB0A-96CA219FD4D5.jpeg

It wasn’t very good this year. Our committee chair was in an accident on the way there. I was one tow vehicle behind him. The trail was lacking volunteers, the food was so-so. The event is dying a slow death in my opinion. Only 44 rigs on Friday.

View attachment 352573

View attachment 352574

Wow. Hope he's OK. That looks bad.

I guess I'll need to go next year before it dies. Or, atleast volunteer. Hoping by then I'll live a bit closer 🤞

How'd it go? @Daryl Did you work it this year?

Well it went well, got to Meadow Lake around 1:30 pm and set up camp. Got to the staging area around 5:45 and did the check in and drivers meeting

IMG_9797.jpg

IMG_3401.jpg

Ran into @Daryl a little ways into the run, he made a special point to stop us and say hi.

IMG_9802.jpg

IMG_9801.jpg

We got stuck between a group of 6 JK's that were assholes, they stopped the trail so they could video they're buddies coming through the first group of winch hills and we could not move for almost a hour.

The trail seamed much harder than I remember these pictures don't do much, I seam to keep driving and not stopping to take photos and I wish I would.

I had to winch out twice and my buddy had to also winch a couple times. We didn't get into camp until around 7:00.

IMG_9806.jpg

But I got smart " finally " and moved up to cots. I got tired of waking up on half inflated air bed

IMG_9807.jpg

Since the Saturday runs are not much to get excited about, more like Fire Roads, we made alternate plans.

We drove to Truckee and played golf at Coyote Moon Golf Course one great course. The name says it all we saw several coyotes while we were playing.

IMG_9809.jpg

IMG_9811.jpg

IMG_3422.jpg

When we showed up at the course we were all in jeans and tee shirts, I pro looked at us with a funny look. I said don't worry we will be changing our clothes. After we did I went back into the pro shop to buy a hat, and they asked " are you checking in " I said no I just need to buy a hat and that we were the guys that checked in 10 minutes ago in the jeans and tee shirts. She said " Wow you guys clean up pretty good "

Last edited:
Is it because the rigs are getting bigger and bigger and then add in the buggies ?

I think it's a combo, they did a bunch of work to fix stuff from committee to wh3. The more traffic a trail gets the more beat up its going to get too. I was up a few weeks before trek but not able to make trek. @Daryl Crazy accident I hope he is doing better

Reactions: Daryl
Is it because the rigs are getting bigger and bigger and then add in the buggies ?

I’ve been running that trail every year since 1991, it’s 100% because the tires are getting larger. Add the buggy crowd and you create the trail we have today.

Reactions: fly boy
I think it's a combo, they did a bunch of work to fix stuff from committee to wh3. The more traffic a trail gets the more beat up its going to get too. I was up a few weeks before trek but not able to make trek. @Daryl Crazy accident I hope he is doing better
Thanks @Bmxbry9, looks like he’ll heal up fine. His Bronco is another story.

Reactions: fly boy
I’ve been running that trail every year since 1991, it’s 100% because the tires are getting larger. Add the buggy crowd and you create the trail we have today.

Back then everyone was running 15x31 Armstrong Tru-Tracks :cool: and then moved up to the bigger 33's;). Now running 35's with F & R Lockers and having a rough long day. If you look at my second picture 2 rigs back was a buggy of sometime. I hope they can get it back to the way it was a few years ago

You also mentioned the food was so so, yea Friday night they ran out of ribs before we got served, we heard that they only ordered enough ribs for about 100 people less than actually attended.

PS Glad to hear your buddy is doing well.

Reactions: Daryl
Back then everyone was running 15x31 Armstrong Tru-Tracks :cool: and then moved up to the bigger 33's;). Now running 35's with F & R Lockers and having a rough long day. If you look at my second picture 2 rigs back was a buggy of sometime. I hope they can get it back to the way it was a few years ago

You also mentioned the food was so so, yea Friday night they ran out of ribs before we got served, we heard that they only ordered enough ribs for about 100 people less than actually attended.

PS Glad to hear your buddy is doing well.

I know a few people running 40's. It's getting totally ridiculous. I though at least a couple years ago Sierra Fest had a maximum tire size of 37.

I know a few people running 40's. It's getting totally ridiculous. I though at least a couple years ago Sierra Fest had a maximum tire size of 37.

You know even if they did have a max size of 37's. The trail is open other weekends and people will run whatever that want. I know that a few years ago on Slick Rock the guys with these large rig's moved a LARGE boulder into the middle of the trail to make it tougher for
them and a big PIA for everyone else.

On the trip there were signs that said no fires, and come night time you could look around the lake and see fires. These are the MF'ers that ruin it for the rest of us