California NorCal Jeep adventures!

Spent a week exploring around Ohwyee Canyonlands in Eastern Oregon, cool place.. the truck in its v3 configuration works really well.

AD36E7AE-F198-4DAD-95C3-66BF8FE1E6A5.jpeg

Last edited:
Were you running a hard trail?

I think it started on the Dusy and then I finished it off at Hollister. The front axle would pop occasionally after I got back from the Dusy and I checked everything in the front end without finding the source. Then I took it out to Hollister and it started to pop more often just on the main trails and by the time I was done it sounded like a box of rocks..

I had already "regeared" to a 4.10 and definitely wouldn't put something taller in there as that would just make it weaker. Also 4.10 gives me about 2850rpm at 70mph which feels pretty good to me.

Reactions: DrDmoney
I think it started on the Dusy and then I finished it off at Hollister. The front axle would pop occasionally after I got back from the Dusy and I checked everything in the front end without finding the source. Then I took it out to Hollister and it started to pop more often just on the main trails and by the time I was done it sounded like a box of rocks..

I had already "regeared" to a 4.10 and definitely wouldn't put something taller in there as that would just make it weaker. Also 4.10 gives me about 2850rpm at 70mph which feels pretty good to me.

Sucks to hear.
I finally got around to repairing the couple Dusy issues this last weekend myself. One thing I didn't notice until I was crawling around under there, my front drive shaft was rubbing on the transmission pan.:confused:
All those worn out bushings and loose bolt let the axle shift a lot. Might have to drop the pan and bend the lip back flat if it keeps leaking.

Back on topic. I wanna hit the trail again soon. I was hoping to do a quick camping trip up 108/Sonora Pass to see the Bennett Juniper before the snow hits.

Scott

Reactions: BC Moto
Anyone know where I can find a HP30? I really don't want to bother with my front axle. Also does anyone here have first hand experience runing a HP30, locked, on 35s? I hear it can work, but I also shouldn't have broken my unlocked LP30 so easily. And it's my understanding the weak point on the Dana 30 are the ears on the axles, not the gears. Is this normal for 4.10s?

Anyone know where I can find a HP30? I really don't want to bother with my front axle. Also does anyone here have first hand experience runing a HP30, locked, on 35s? I hear it can work, but I also shouldn't have broken my unlocked LP30 so easily. And it's my understanding the weak point on the Dana 30 are the ears on the axles, not the gears. Is this normal for 4.10s?

Me and my buddy both run HP30 , both geared and locked with ARB’s we have done Slickrock,rubicon, fordyce and other trails without issues

Reactions: U8MYDZT and Alex01