California NorCal Jeep adventures!

Miles of downed trees and power lines on the road. Had a dozen stuck cars and semis with people freaking out wanting help.
I put a saw in my jeep to clear the road at first. Didn't want to take out a fire truck til it got plowed.over 100 trees to cut out of the highway in our district
20230224_092752.jpg

20230224_093437.jpg

20230224_140251.jpg

20230224_140322.jpg

20230224_140359.jpg

20230224_144424.jpg

We got 9" last night. No power, Carport collapsed on my jeep from the weight of the snow. Minor damage, but we got it out of there. Trees down everywhere. Couldn't get out of my neighborhood till later today as the snow melted some. No pics as I'm on jeny/battery power.

@Rickyd , I saw that guy at HF last Sunday leaving. If it had a Rubicon sticker on the hood, it would be dented up in my collapsed carport right now, lol!

We got 9" last night. No power, Carport collapsed on my jeep from the weight of the snow. Minor damage, but we got it out of there. Trees down everywhere. Couldn't get out of my neighborhood till later today as the snow melted some. No pics as I'm on jeny/battery power.

@Rickyd , I saw that guy at HF last Sunday leaving. If it had a Rubicon sticker on the hood, it would be dented up in my collapsed carport right now, lol!

Same situation here. It was fun at first. Now i just want the power back on and a good nights sleep!

Reactions: bobthetj03
Miles of downed trees and power lines on the road. Had a dozen stuck cars and semis with people freaking out wanting help.
I put a saw in my jeep to clear the road at first. Didn't want to take out a fire truck til it got plowed.over 100 trees to cut out of the highway in our district
View attachment 402801

View attachment 402802

View attachment 402803

View attachment 402804

View attachment 402805

View attachment 402806

Is that Hwy 20 out of Willits or Fort Bragg?

That's crazy. We have a place out Mountain View road. Friend of mine said it will probably take 2 days to get Mountain View road open to the coast.

Yep,lines down past faulkner park and lots of trees and debris.
That estimate is optimistic,lol. Boonville only has a few guys working at the county yard right now. I was helping them on fish rock yesterday morning so i could go check out a report of downed power lines.

Its rediculous how much has fallen due to a relatively small amount of snow. Way to many overgrown,poorly formed trees along the highway.

Last edited:
Reactions: lowranger
Not exactly a NorCal adventure, but jeep related. My carport didn't like 9" of snow.
20230224_145832.jpg

Yep, my jeep was under there and stopped the fall. I was able to strap a come-a-long to a tree and pull it up enough to get the jeep out. My hard top was stored under there as well, hanging from tie down straps.