North Korea sentences American student to 15 years

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-korea-court-sentences-u-student-15-years-035920352.html

Okay, I really don't get this. I mean part of me wants to feel bad of him, but then the better part of me says he's a fucking moron to begin with.

I mean let's do the math here... You decided to visit a communist country that is run by a dictator and has a history of imprisoning people for bullshit 'crimes'.

Then you decide to 'steal' something while you're visiting instead of just minding your own business.

So one has to ask, why would you be stupid enough to visit that country in the first place? That would be like me saying that I am planning on taking a trip to Iran. There's just some places you DO NOT visit!

So, I want to feel bad for this guy but I honestly can't. The moment he decided he wanted to visit North Korea was the moment he earned a Darwin Award in my book.

In other news, can someone please just wipe fucking North Korea off the map already? God, it would be soooooo easy to get rid of them with their impoverished Army and completely outdated 'arsenal'.

Reactions: Ron505 and Serbonze
What got to me was the kid's forced canned confession. I can't help but feel sorry for him. He must be scared shitless.

I'm sure he is scared shitless. Both North Korea and Iran do this shit all the time and sentence people for bullshit crimes calming they are US spies and such.

They likely threatened life in prison if he didn't confess. There's no real 'fair' legal system in that kind of country, that's for sure.

Reactions: Serbonze
North Korea, and the student story, is a very complicated issue in my opinion. I feel pretty much the same way that you do. The kid (feels weird calling him a kid considering he is older than me) made a really dumb decision. I think everyone can agree that the punishment doesn't fit the crime but there is nothing the U.S. or anyone can really do about it. This will spark the discussion in the U.S. about what to do with NK but there isn't a real solution to North Korea. I would love to say that going in militarily would fix it, but the fact of the matter is there would still be tons of refugees/starving people to take care of.

Reactions: Chris
but the fact of the matter is there would still be tons of refugees/starving people to take care of.

Yes, this is true. Of course if you see how the majority of people are living over there (major poverty), it wouldn't be much different (other than the fact we'd have to take them in).

But yeah, this guy is an idiot. Like hmmm, I'd love to visit North Korea for fun! ... NOT!

How is it possibe that they can get away with this kinda stuff?

Cause they're a communist country ruled by an evil dictator. They don't play by the rules, and unfortunately we can't just go in and wipe them out (like we should) do to diplomacy and so many other factors.

I keep hoping one day they'll just wipe North Korea off the map. Maybe Iran too!

Cause they're a communist country ruled by an evil dictator. They don't play by the rules, and unfortunately we can't just go in and wipe them out (like we should) do to diplomacy and so many other factors.

I keep hoping one day they'll just wipe North Korea off the map. Maybe Iran too!
We have been trying stuff like that since before the Crusades. Just doesn't work. You can't kill an idea no matter how screwed up it is.
Somebody else will come along and resurrect it. I.e. the holacaust deniers, and hell even religious persecutors from all types of religions.

Last edited:
We have been trying stuff like that sense before the Crusades. Just doesn't work. You can't kill an idea no matter how screwed up it is.
Somebody else will come along and resurrect it. I.e. the holacaust deniers, and hell even religious persecutors from all types of religions.

The 'idea' being communism I assume? Yes, I know you can't kill off an idea. But, you can however take out that asshole Kim Jong Un. If someone pops up in his place, whatever I guess. But that guy just has such a loud mouth and loves to talk about how he could wipe out the US... Yeah, you know... With his Army made up of Soviet era technology. It's just hilarious he even says things like that. You have to wonder if he actually believes it?

No Chris the "idea" is not limited to communism. I doubt that Un even knows what that is. He is just evil and I agree, needs to go! The question is how do we kill the greed and elite entitlement the rest of the politico carry?

Reactions: Luke