Northwest Bridgeport OHV Park (1 hr & 1/2 drive northwest from Dallas, Texas)

Kentaro

Recently, Jeep Badge of Honor (Chrysler's program to promote off-road trails) added Bridgeport OHV to its official trails list. I had been out to Bridgeport OHV 2 times prior to it being added to the program. 1st time, I got stuck in mud & had someone pull me out by hooking me up to the stock rear bumper without hook points. The engine bay was submersed in mud for a good 15~20 minutes. My rear bumper got slightly bent, but I got out. 2nd time, I came around a corner & the Jeep got wedged between 2 rocks. I had open differentials in both axles at the time & the front right wheel spun in the air with the left rear wheel. I went & found 2 couples in Razors to help me out by rocking back & forth on the rear bumper with their weight as I kept giving it slow gas. They tried winching, but a Razor couldn't pull out a Jeep. Back to the point, I wanted a badge so I went back out there. $25 in advance on-line, & $20 for the Texas OHV sticker for a total of $45 just to go out & have off road fun. The scenery is always nice, & the difficulty ratings of the trail maps there don't really seem to be accurate, but its always a sense of accomplishment after beating up your own vehicle to come out unscathed (or scathed). This time I had a winch & a front lunchbox locker, as well as a CB radio & a VHF/UHF dual band ham radio. Lesson learned, I should also have a tree strap, d rings, & a snatch block. Next on my wish list is a body lift/motor mount lift & bigger tires. Also, on the way home, I experienced what I thought was death wobble. While driving, I thought this was due to mud caked on around the suspension, but as I got out to wash off the mud, I noticed the mud was all around inside the wheel. It seems this was like having gigantic tire balance weights & washing it all off got rid of the vibrations. All in all, a fun day amid the COVID-19 & the strange economy surrounding it. The JK Rubicon behind me at the entrance asked if I wanted to team up with them as I was alone. They brought walkie talkies which is also a good idea to bring on these outings. So much to learn, so much to enjoy!

IMG_1410.JPG

IMG_1411.JPG

IMG_1412.JPG

IMG_1414.JPG

IMG_1415.JPG

IMG_1416.JPG

IMG_1417.JPG

IMG_1418.JPG

IMG_1419.JPG

IMG_1421.JPG

Reactions: Vasq and Alex01
nice, I’ve been toying with the idea of going here looks like fun.

do you know of any cabins around? Thinking Of making it a 2 day, but the family isint huge On tents.

I’m on 2 inch lift w/ 31’s think I’ll survive? Seems like I’d be kinda even with you. On the smaller lift w/ the locker.

Yes, you would survive no problem. I don't know of any cabins around, but I didn't really think about that since all outings have been negotiated/pre-meditated/appointment-in-advance with wife. My guess is that you would find motels or hotels in Bridgeport rather than cabins, but again that was never within the realm of possibility for me (2 boys; 1 is 1 1/2 & the other is 1 month).

Yes, you would survive no problem. I don't know of any cabins around, but I didn't really think about that since all outings have been negotiated/pre-meditated/appointment-in-advance with wife. My guess is that you would find motels or hotels in Bridgeport rather than cabins, but again that was never within the realm of possibility for me (2 boys; 1 is 1 1/2 & the other is 1 month).

Gotcha, thanks for the Info, I’ll look around. My family prefers the senic ca cabins like at barn well mountain (looking at there to) but Might settle for a motel.

I've been out there. Granted it was 11 years ago right when it opened. Glad to hear its doing well and getting recognized.

Reactions: Jackman