Not LED but HID

MexiJeeper

TJ Enthusiast
I have front and rear LED light bars on my Grand Cherokee 5.9 but decided to go in a different direction with the TJ. After installing an Explorer roof rack on my hardtop I installed a pair of eBay 35W HIDs up top. Bright as looking into the sun. Like these but from a different seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-4-35w-...ash=item4af3d4f3e4:g:cmsAAOSwFnFV9FlQ&vxp=mtr

Also bought a pair for the 5.9 to be mounted on my Waag front brush guard but that's another story. The HIDs came with a wiring harness and relays. Easy install. Also purchases an OEM fog light switch from a Cherokee so that the dash would look factory. I first used an Autozone switch but couldn't find the damn thing in the dark because the switch only lit up when the lights were on. now I have a lit switch that's connected to the dimmer circuit and easy to find. It's all wired to behave like the factory installed fogs.

DSC07516.JPG
DSC07521.JPG
DSC07522.JPG
DSC07523.JPG
DSC07524.JPG

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
That looks very clean with the factory foglight switch (good idea!). You'll have to take some photos at night so we can see how well it lights up the road at night.

Wow, those are cheap! Cool that the ballasts are mounted inside the light assembly. That makes for a much cleaner installation.

Clean and original, I like it a lot! Looks like you've got some kind of custom mirrors as well?

Wow, those are cheap! Cool that the ballasts are mounted inside the light assembly. That makes for a much cleaner installation.

Clean and original, I like it a lot! Looks like you've got some kind of custom mirrors as well?

Ha! I found those mirrors in a sale box of cheap auto accessories at a local grocery store. I have them aimed at my rear tires and use them as a parking aid so I don't have to twist myself backwards looking out the window. Cost me all of $2.00 each.

Reactions: Chris