Not only a first time TJ owner but...

Wheeler

TJ Enthusiast
...this is my first Jeep as well. I'm looking forward to meeting and learning from the more seasoned members.

Welcome !
200.gif

Prerry clean looking. Any plans for it?
I’ve been working to clean up the issues from previous owners. Oil change, coolant flush, tune up, and now working on electrical issues. I’m picking up some used door uppers tonight and will order a new soft top for the time being. I’ve been looking for a hard top locally and haven’t had much luck just yet.

The current plan is to get it where I can drive it as a run around but there will probably be some trail specific modifications in the future.

Reactions: RINC and PRNDL
I’ve been working to clean up the issues from previous owners. Oil change, coolant flush, tune up, and now working on electrical issues. I’m picking up some used door uppers tonight and will order a new soft top for the time being. I’ve been looking for a hard top locally and haven’t had much luck just yet.

The current plan is to get it where I can drive it as a run around but there will probably be some trail specific modifications in the future.
Welcome! That's a good plan (y)

Welcome! Just advice I learned/ glad I listened to: before you start upgrading it, just drive the thing a bunch to see what needs to be replaced/repaired from the prior owners neglect. Much easier to see what’s wrong instead of chasing multiple issues at once, AND it may point you into upgrades to do at the same time!

Reactions: Wheeler
Beautiful Jeep BTW! I see you’re in Georgia as well, what part? Would love to meetup sometime to wheel or just hang out. Pm me if you prefer.

I’m NE of Atlanta by about 50 miles, up the I85 corridor, near Braselton. I’m spending a lot more time fixing neglected things than I wanted to but hope to have it mostly trail ready by the spring. What area are you in?

Reactions: DWR
I’m NE of Atlanta by about 50 miles, up the I85 corridor, near Braselton. I’m spending a lot more time fixing neglected things than I wanted to but hope to have it mostly trail ready by the spring. What area are you in?
I’m in the Augusta area but often drive up to Atlanta for camping and wheeling. Yea I dealt with the same when I first got my jeep, I’m hoping I’m out of the wood or at least nearing the end of that fun at this point. We shall see I guess

Reactions: Wheeler
I’m in the Augusta area but often drive up to Atlanta for camping and wheeling. Yea I dealt with the same when I first got my jeep, I’m hoping I’m out of the wood or at least nearing the end of that fun at this point. We shall see I guess
Where do you go for wheeling? I’d like to hit some trail rides come springtime, maybe some forest service roads and sort of ease into it.