Not really a newb

Mr. Pink

TJ Enthusiast
My name is Justin, I am not new to jeeps by any means, but I am new to TJ's. I currently am hunting for a decent one. it will end up semi-built, somewhere between mild wheeler and hardcore as that is essentially my skill set when it comes to offroading lol. I have a decent plan and a "budget" for it as well I just need to find a jeep that fits that. i have a few caveats when it comes to what i want in a TJ. The following is a must for my TJ

4.0L
Auto
little to no rust
not yellow!

if i find one that already has a lift on it that is a plus but not a requirement. I will be swapping in an 8.8 if the RR axle is not a Dana 44. but besides that i don't have very many requirements.

I wouldn't waste the time or money on a Ford 8.8 swap, no chance in hell.

I'd suggest reading the preface in this thread for info on why:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/ford-8-8-axle-swap-info-faq.66/
Your other requirements should be easy to find though, especially if you look in places like Florida, Alabama, California, Arizona, Nevada, etc. Tons and tons of rust free TJs there!

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

I wouldn't waste the time or money on a Ford 8.8 swap, no chance in hell.

I'd suggest reading the preface in this thread for info on why:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/ford-8-8-axle-swap-info-faq.66/
Your other requirements should be easy to find though, especially if you look in places like Florida, Alabama, California, Arizona, Nevada, etc. Tons and tons of rust free TJs there!

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Thanks Chris, yeah i am finding more and more with the Dana 44 so i will end up with a Dana 44 RR axle more than likely. i am leaning more towards A 2006 that i have found that is Red, 4.0, auto, Dana 44 and RHD lol.

Thanks Chris, yeah i am finding more and more with the Dana 44 so i will end up with a Dana 44 RR axle more than likely. i am leaning more towards A 2006 that i have found that is Red, 4.0, auto, Dana 44 and RHD lol.

Yes, the Dana 44 isn't too uncommon on TJs, so if you can find one, that's a big bonus and will save you work.

Be careful with the RHD models though. It can be hard to find good track bars and other RHD specific parts from what I am told.

Reactions: reddvltj
thanks guys, i am holding out for a jeep with a Dana 44 lol but if i do get a 35 i may do the super, but i may still swap in a different axle also.

Reactions: Chris