Not sure about the rest of it, but it does have an LS swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still for sale. It has some nice parts on it. Saw a Currie 9" rear, obviously the LS, twin stick transfer case, looked like an atlas. Would have to get rid of the bling, but looks like it could be a pretty nice rig. Not sure what the electric fan and extra radiator were doing underneath though. Transmission cooler?

Probably a transmission cooler I would assume. Looks like it is indeed still for sale though.

I think I know why it's for sale. (and still for sale) Did anyone catch the 2,600 RPM stall torque converter in the build? That's got to be very exciting on the trail.

Hot rodders typically shouldn't build off road rigs.

Reactions: Chris
Cheaper than what I've seen people ask for lifted Rubicons (TJ) around here for. People think they are worth their weight in gold around here.
Pretty much the same around here. Lots of butchered TJ's for sale with premium pricing on the used car lots. The current trend seems to be go as big as you can as cheaply as you can, with the most bling you can. Sell it for a Subaru when you get tired of driving a POS with bad manners. The Subaru dealerships don't want a TJ on the lot, even a screwed up one, so they wholesale it out. The gypo used car lots snatch them up and sell them for a premium to people who are so thrilled on the test drive to be driving a cool lifted Jeep that they don't notice how poorly it drives. Wash, rinse, repeat.

You could probably make a pretty decent living buying SE's, Rubicon stickers and used 33x12.50 tires with chrome steel rims in bulk, here. Order up some Rough Country lift kits, hire a couple of high school kids to install them. Keep repeating to your customers (and you'll have a lot of them) It's a Jeep thing, you'll understand after you own it for awhile.

It's got Currie axles though... Those things cost a small fortune!

Reactions: StG58
If I had the cash and a car hauler, I'd do it. I'd be the local Portland "Jeep guy", and make a killing selling the detritus of the US to unsuspecting snowflakes. Get a couple of beater Subarus and let them test drive one of those for "comparison" to a Jeep.

Not that evil though, yet.

It's got Currie axles though... Those things cost a small fortune!
It needs them, just to keep from scattering parts all over the pavement when that torque converter finally locks up. Rrrrrrrrrrr...BANG! I had an 1,800 rpm stall converter in a Camaro once. TH400 transmission and 12 bolt rear end with posi. Got rid of that converter poste haste. That thing just ate transmission case tails and third members from the shock load.

Edited to add: Oh, and you haven't lived until you're sitting at a stop sign with a State Trooper behind you, with a high stall converter. No matter what you do, those rear tires are gonna' chirp when you take off. The Trooper WILL notice. You may as well hammer down and make it worth his and your time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
My 1969 Camaro SS had a high stall convertor... I know the feeling first hand, haha! Wouldn't want that on a trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.