Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I mean how did we go from this:

ujrqewycytu34xh2wzhp.jpg

To this:

s1hv9k0ju6cqwmldpifo.jpg

This is of course a rhetorical question, as I understand how (and why) it happened obviously. But still, it's sort of the same as going from this:

gettyimages-517398258-612x612.jpg

To this:

o1AJ9qDyyJNSpZWhUgGYc3MngFqoAMfXJxovZn6dQCJYHyXQS.jpeg

That's true. RZRs perform amazing off-road.
I watched something on YouTube or Netflix recently. Cannot recall the details, but they were doing a (questionable) comparison between the Willy's Jeep and a RZR. The experiment was heavily biased, but it had me thinking. I swear, the way these UTVs are being built, it seems like they could easily become what the CJ, YJ, and TJ were at their time. Less bloat.

Reactions: Chris
I always have to laugh at how many people like the 4 door Jeeps over the 2 door. Not meaning to dis them or anything by no means, but I just came from a time 4 doors were not in style. That was a grandma car. LOL Now they are all the rage! LOL

A bunch of my buddies have RZRs. You could put a lot of mods into a TJ for the price of a stock RZR, and they don't stay stock for long.
Tough to drive a Rzr to work on a nice summer day. The dog doesn't fit in it very well. Plus I'd need a trailer and a tow rig. Already had ATVs, don't really need another

Jeep Wrangler JL they called it a "car" (to avoid)

The classic, athletic Wrangler might be beloved by Jeep fans, but it gets no love from Consumer Reports, which lists it as the worst two-row mid-sized SUV of the year. In 2014, CR deemed it the "worst value" in its category, noting that the Wrangler was "hard-riding, ponderous, uncomfortable and unreliable." And during graduation season 2018, Jalopnik posted an essay on why the Jeep Wrangler is a terrible idea for a teen's first car, as the car is particularly unsafe when piloted by an inexperienced driver.

With all of these considerations, plus two recent recalls, the Wrangler certainly seems like a car to avoid.

1580083957321.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris and E1320
For some reason the 4 door always bothered me, probably because I'm old. I have to agree with the TJ being the Goldilocks. I've come close to buying a 2 door JK to daily a couple times, but always back out at the last minute, usually after opening the hood.