NOVA Jeeper New to the group!

jwpearson90

Hi all,

I have been using this site for advice and ideas on my build. So I figured that it is probably time that I join up.

Here is my 2006 TJ X 4.0L 6spd.

It is Beryl Pearl green and has the Dark Khaki interior and fenders.

I have it sitting on 285's with some OEM Moabs, its been re-geared to 4.10's with Detroit TrueTrac's in both the Dana 30 and Dana 35 (yes still stock axles :( ). I think the lift is a Skyjacker 4" but I am not sure. It was already on the Jeep when I purchased it.

There are a few other goodies that I have installed as well as some preventative maintenace but I figured that I would just hit the big stuff.

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_1534.JPG

IMG_1533.JPG

IMG_1536.JPG

This weekend I am putting on an OEM 06 Rubicon Dark Khaki Sunrider Soft Top and some OEM Rubi fog lights. I am also doing the WJ tie-rod update and a Rancho steering stabilizer. Oh, I am going to install the dome switch as well! (Got that idea from this site!)

My future plans are to do an adjustable track bar, sway bar disconnects, SYE kit and driveshaft, and to have the hard top painted Dark Khaki while its hibernating this summer. I have also thought about some adjustable control arms and a winch / arb on board compressor.

Here is my first Jeep that I no longer have. I bought it off of a young man that had put it in a ditch and tore the axles out from under it.

My father and I put it back together and I drove it for a few years before letting it go.

It was a 1997 Sport 4.0L 5spd. I had it painted Liberty Blue and it came with the Sahara interior in it. We put a stock Dana 30 and Dana 35 with open diffs and 3.07 gears in it. Kinda boring I know but I got 19 - 21 mpgs with it! it also came with the leveling kit. I am a sucker for those Moab wheels, so I found a set with 265's already on them. I also put the Bestop Trek Top on it. I loved that top and would recommend it to anyone looking at one.

IMG_4199.JPG
IMG_4544.JPG

Well that's it! Hope y'all enjoyed! Let me know if there are any trail events or rides going on in or around NOVA. Myself and a couple of Jeep buddies of mine are looking at getting involved in some rides if there are any in my area

Thanks,
JP

Reactions: Chris
Nice color TJ! I've always been a sucker for green Jeeps, and like it with the khaki tops. Glad to see you're planning to paint the hard top dark khaki, that looks way better than the black on a green TJ. I have to say I have never seen that color TJ with the khaki fender flares, though. Nice.

Nice color TJ! I've always been a sucker for green Jeeps, and like it with the khaki tops. Glad to see you're planning to paint the hard top dark khaki, that looks way better than the black on a green TJ. I have to say I have never seen that color TJ with the khaki fender flares, though. Nice.
Thanks man! Yeah, I honestly did not know about the Dark Khaki until I bought this one. I will update this post with pics of the new top once I get this weekends parts runs and wrenching done. I am super interested to see what its going to look like.

Great looking TJ! I assume NOVA is Northern Virginia? Is that what you guys call it?

I'm a sucker for 285s on Moabs! That's what I have too.