California November Castle Crags State Park run

I don't quite know the proper etiquette for threads so I'll just jump in... I'm Will and I'm in Susanville and just bought my first jeep, a 97 tj that neds a little tlc (water pump, registrations, etc) work done. Figuring after I get the work on it done I need to go some place to run a test drive. My wife caught me reading your posts per Castle Crags and said she expects to go to places like that in our jeep. Just checking to see if could join in for a days run like this one. Might not get it all done on rig by November but in the future maybe...?

Reactions: tomtaylz and Alex01
Lil more info... I've been off road since I was 16... first 4x I bought was a chevy luv (izuzu product for chevy label. My work puts me off road east of hwy 395 most times. I'm only new to the jeep ownership part...

Reactions: Alex01
Just checking to see if could join in for a days run like this one. Might not get it all done on rig by November but in the future maybe...?
Your welcomed/encouraged to jump in on any trip.

Hope to see you on the trail.

I'm Will and I'm in Susanville and just bought my first jeep, a 97 tj

As per norm This thread is worthless without pics

I don't quite know the proper etiquette for threads so I'll just jump in... I'm Will and I'm in Susanville and just bought my first jeep, a 97 tj that neds a little tlc (water pump, registrations, etc) work done. Figuring after I get the work on it done I need to go some place to run a test drive. My wife caught me reading your posts per Castle Crags and said she expects to go to places like that in our jeep. Just checking to see if could join in for a days run like this one. Might not get it all done on rig by November but in the future maybe...?

Yea absolutely if your able to join in ask Tom to put your name on the list.
Any run really for us NorCal guys are open to all that want to make it.
It’s good to shake down your new rig, see what needs to be done !

Thanks to all!
I have time tomorrow to do some pics of "Jellybean", name my wife approved for the jeep and start some wrench work maybe. Nothing really special... original paint, hard top. All stock/original.
Got water pump to replace, thermostat, going for new radiator, hoses, belt etc... and will really get started on some rust places. Frame is good (whacked every square inch with my framing hammer) but still has rust to clean off and treat.

Weekend weather forecast for Dunsmuir:

Friday - Mostly sunny, 75/44, light wind, no precipitation
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 75/41, light wind, no precipitation
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 71/43, light wind, no precipitation

Who is in?
Who is out?

Who is in?
Who is out?

I’m in, weather looks great!

Who is in?
Who is out?
We're in. With any luck, we'll leave around 3pm Friday.

We doing Dinner Friday or Saturday night?

Saturday night after the run was the plan, who wants to be in charge of calling in a reservation? I won't be there hah. Who is familiar enough to lead the pack? I might pick up a mobile CB as I only have Ham in the truck

Not sure when I'll be there Friday, have a work event I'm hoping I can leave pretty early beating traffic but we'll see.

Saturday night after the run was the plan, who wants to be in charge of calling in a reservation? I won't be there hah. Who is familiar enough to lead the pack? I might pick up a mobile CB as I only have Ham in the truck

Not sure when I'll be there Friday, have a work event I'm hoping I can leave pretty early beating traffic but we'll see.
Cool Saturday night sounds great.

I don't mind leading you dirt bags up to Tamarack Lake, work has thrown me a curve ball, so I will be driving all this week, we will be up on Saturday morning.