• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

California November Castle Crags State Park run

Added to Calendar: 11-09-19

Mr. Bills

TJ Addict
Do we have a meet time and place for Saturday?

Every time I've gone to Tamarack Lake the meeting place has been the Chevron station at the Castella exit from I-5.

OP
tomtaylz

tomtaylz

LJR Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Do we have a meet time and place for Saturday?

Every time I've gone to Tamarack Lake the meeting place has been the Chevron station at the Castella exit from I-5.

Yep, I picked there and didn’t even know that’s the usual.
On the first page I mention it, the plan is to meeting at that Chevron at 9am!

Last edited:

bobthetj03

vibrajeep
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
The trail to Tamarak Lake is pretty easy to find. If I can find it without ever exploring that area, pretty much anyone can find it, lol! Wish I could make it fellas, but too much going on right now. Weather looks to be favorable for you guys! Whoever makes it up there early enough Friday night can just walk over to the restaurant to make the reservation for Saturday, no biggie.

Mr. Bills

TJ Addict
For those traveling north on Saturday morning, we could meet at the Chevron at the Mountaingate exit just north of Redding/Shasta Lake City and caravan the last hour together.

Say 8:00 a.m. - Exit #687.

Thunderhead

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
For those traveling north on Saturday morning, we could meet at the Chevron at the Mountaingate exit just north of Redding/Shasta Lake City and caravan the last hour together.

Say 8:00 a.m. - Exit #687.
I think that will be me and you on Sat morning. I will text you on Friday or Saturday to confirm.

OP
tomtaylz

tomtaylz

LJR Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Hey @Indy do you have a recommendation on how we can find a good ham channel to be on for the run? I can talk to Alex at least.

Reactions: Alex01

Thunderhead

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Welp, FIL is out.
We will just be doing a day run.
I’ve clocked 60 hours at work this week already with another 15 hours tomorrow so I’m coming home Saturday night and sleeping in.

Mr. Bills

TJ Addict
I regret that I must change my status from "maybe" to "not going." A project has taken longer than anticipated and I'll need Saturday to finish.

Have fun!!!

• Sad
Reactions: tomtaylz

bobthetj03

vibrajeep
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Where's the pictures? Come on guys, I need to wheel vicariously thru your pics!