Now there's a way to make your shackles look badass!

Once upon a time, in my early 20's I was dating a friend's sister. She was in a Goth stage, had them tall black boots, and several little spiky studs in several places. It was neat, and looked cool much like the Jeep in the pic. She went well on the back of my 2001 YZFR1, little short haired blonde thing with black eyeliner and boots.

But much like the Jeep in the picture, anytime you tried to get up, on, or in it, you would find a spike at the most inopportune time, usually in the dark. So, after much consideration and threatening of the use of wire pliars, my redneck ass and the Goth chicky poo went our different directions in life.

I can't imagine liking the spikes any more mounted on the Jeep.

And I do carry my shackles on the bumper, because I am a billy badass!!!!

The difference in genius and stupidity....genius has limits.

Reactions: Chris
1547963726344.png

Those things make his JK look tough in the same way the collar makes this dog look vicious...

They have locks on them to stop a real Jeeper from taking them off and throwing them in the scrap barrel to save the owner from themselves . Think what those would do to your hands during a tough recovery where you're having to re-rig several times in mud or snow to get out. WTF? :roto2lol:

Reactions: KCsTJ and Chris
They have locks on them to stop a real Jeeper from taking them off and throwing them in the scrap barrel to save the owner from themselves . Think what those would do to your hands during a tough recovery where you're having to re-rig several times in mud or snow to get out. WTF? :roto2lol:
Oh that would be it for me. If I were required to pull someone out with those on his bumper, they wouldn't be on the bumper when I finished. I make sure they got ripped off. Get a run at it...…….

Ahhhh . . . . . . that might not be something to brag about in this case. Just sayin' :gey:
I was going to say "only in America" :shakehead:.....but I've seen JK's here in NZ with plastic shackles...yes plastic chrome ones.Sheeeesh !!! :facepalm:

• Haha
Reactions: BryanB and Chris
Don't understand why folks leave their shackles on their bumpers when not in use . . . . ?
Not any of my business . . . . so, I'll just shut-up. :risunis:

I leave my shackles on because i don't want to worry about forgetting them or losing them. This way i always know where they are.

Reactions: Sam Solo
Mine are on too. Honestly they serve more of a purpose like the point of this thread by filling a bumper void and looking good than getting hauled out of a rut since I don't take mine off road all that much. But these ridiculous things are like putting 17" rims and low profile tires on a Jeep.

Dumb...

As an aside, When I opened this thread, with the title, for some reason I was expecting spring shackles.
I was expecting spring shackles to.
I leave my shackles on because i don't want to worry about forgetting them or losing them.
Ditto, and I don't want to mess with putting my shackles on when I'm in here.
I don't take my tow hooks off when I'm not using them.

Last edited:
Reactions: rasband and Kiwi TJ

Ditto, and I don't want to mess with putting my shackles when I'm in here.
View attachment 75180
The shackle needs to get disconnected from the bumper in order to attach a strap anyway. I keep one attached to the end of my tree strap and snatch strap. Both live in the Jeep full time.

Reactions: Head Lice and Chris
The shackle needs to get disconnected from the bumper in order to attach a strap anyway. I keep one attached to the end of my tree strap and snatch strap. Both live in the Jeep full time.
I cheat and use soft shackles to attach to the d-ring shackles.

I was expecting spring shackles to.

Ditto, and I don't want to mess with putting my shackles on when I'm in here.
View attachment 75180
Hate to point it out but ummm you don't have any shackles on your pic 😉 lol