NSG370 swap from 3.6 JK to 4.0 TJ?

Justus

Hi all, I am desperately trying to find info regarding changing my 6 speed. I currently have a 97 that previous owner put NSG370 and turbo into, I have lost 3rd and 4th gears only so have a replacement box ready to have swapped.
The newer one is from a JK 3.6lt V6 with only 10,000 kms use and I have read that apparently the TJ 05 and 06 were different.

Any info would be greatly appreciated as I live in remote ( in bush ) and having to transport mine on truck to a town to have done.

Thank You

"The 370 is factory compatible with the Jeep / AMC 4.0L I6 engine, when equipped with the right bellhousing. It is also compatible with the 3.8L V6 when equipped with its matching bellhousing."

Taken from the Novak website here:
http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/transmissions/manual/nsg370

Not entirely sure about the 3.6, but I imagine it's the same thing.

The TJ model has a different bell housing bolt pattern than the JK.

To replace the bell housing requires you replace the whole front case half, which requires a complete tear down for the most part.

Thanks guys. Fingers crossed maybe the existing one was from a newer but I won't get my hopes up. I will try get to car this afternoon and look at bolt pattern

Reactions: Chris
It appears housing is completely different, Unlucky me once again.... Guess I bite bullet and look at a LS1 then now.. Any ideas if a T56 box will go in at all?