NSG370 Transmission Noise

High Gear Tech didn’t call me back yet. I am going to call High Impact Monday and get a quote.
$1900 + $500 core charge.

i had little luck getting high impact on the phone. i finally connected with them (laurie) by facebook messenger. i think she's pretty good about returning a call if you leave a message, but that's not how i roll :)

Reactions: Leroy_TJ
$1900 + $500 core charge.

i had little luck getting high impact on the phone. i finally connected with them (laurie) by facebook messenger. i think she's pretty good about returning a call if you leave a message, but that's not how i roll :)
My plan is to call High Impact on Monday

If you haven’t, look for an NSG-370 locally for sale. I found one here for $400.

Reactions: Leroy_TJ
I found a Transmission Shop about 40 miles south of me I am going to call Monday and set up a time for them to check it out. Thanks everyone

I am hearing this loose gravel/box of marbles sound when in neutral(06 TJ with NSG370). Sounds familiar to anyone?

I am hearing this loose gravel/box of marbles sound when in neutral(06 TJ with NSG370). Sounds familiar to anyone?

Yup.

Does it stop when you press in the clutch? Mine does that on and off. Haven't had an issue to this point - YMMV.

my trans noise was identical. i never had any drivability issues, but the noise gets worse very slowly until one day i realize the drive thru guy cannot here me unless i push in the clutch. that's when i ordered the rebuilt i described above. it's all great now :)

@FarFire70 Yes, it stops on depressing the clutch to the floor. How long have you been driving with this noise?

Missed this ask back when then. Mine's likely been doing it for 50k+ miles. Noise can vary in intensity & volume from day-to-day or even just different parts of a drive. Sometimes just letting the clutch in & out in neutral will get the volume/intensity of the knock to change.

NSG370 is a box of rocks and a POS.