Nth Degree Mobility Owners Resource Thread

Honestly it is more than I’ll need or will use. But I’m kinda like that. Rather have more than not enough. It’s a tough one. I appreciate the input it helps.

If the Rubicon is built well and you like the modifications done to it already then yes you'll be money ahead. It's when you buy a rig and then have to change things or fix things where it's not as financially better.

Just heard back from All J. They said they have most of the maintenance parts and bushings for the system. No hard parts, but they could be repaired or made. This is good news.

I still owe you guys pics of the Nth degree kit on my TJ but it hasn’t stopped raining here in PNW in many weeks (except for and ice storm).

So during this time we also picked up a 2006 LJ Rubicon in Jeep Green. Where would the appropriate place to put a standing WTB parts or preferably full 6” Nth Degree kit if one happens to come up for sale?

I understand it’s an extreme long shot but hey, a dude can dream.

Thanks.

John

Button Bushings anyone? I called All J and they do not have the Button Bushings that are used to attach the Boom to the rear bridge and stinger. Has anyone found a suitable substitute source for these bushings? Thanks

Reactions: zebra12 and Wildman
Thanks Blackjack. Lots of good info in this thread. I missed that in my search
Thanks Blackjack. Lots of good info in this thread. I missed that in my search.

stock JK front upper stem bushings have been used in a couple. I've also bolted the stinger solid to the skid and crossover with spacers. pay special attention to the crossover that bolts to the diff skid. they bust at the 4 3/8" bolt holes that attach it to the skid. a traction bar can be substituted for the stinger and differential skid, I opted to build 3rd link on one of my personal rigs instead of using the stinger that behaves more like a radius arm. https://barnes4wd.com/products/anti-wrap-traction-bar-kit?_pos=1&_psq=traction&_ss=e&_v=1.0

07-18 STOCK front upper stem shock mounts work. you can also bolt it up solid with spacers. pay attention to the crossover/truss. they crack badly and can bust off at the 4 3/8 mounting bolts. a cj/yj traction bar can be substituted for the stinger and differential skid. I opted to get rid of the third gen camaro/radius arm bologna and built a 3rd link and set it up with about 85% antisquat with the nth degree lower arms. heres a link for a traction bar that will replace the stinger with bushings we'll likely be able to get until the end of time.
https://barnes4wd.com/products/anti-wrap-traction-bar-kit?_pos=1&_psq=traction&_ss=e&_v=1.0

07-18 STOCK front upper stem shock mounts work. you can also bolt it up solid with spacers. pay attention to the crossover/truss. they crack badly and can bust off at the 4 3/8 mounting bolts. a cj/yj traction bar can be substituted for the stinger and differential skid. I opted to get rid of the third gen camaro/radius arm bologna and built a 3rd link and set it up with about 85% antisquat with the nth degree lower arms. heres a link for a traction bar that will replace the stinger with bushings we'll likely be able to get until the end of time.
https://barnes4wd.com/products/anti-wrap-traction-bar-kit?_pos=1&_psq=traction&_ss=e&_v=1.0

David got any pics of the three link conversion?

Reactions: Wildman
David got any pics of the three link conversion?

I'll have to dig through my old photo bucket for the nthdegree conversion. Here's one of the lj's i did close to 10 years ago. It has 15" of travel between the bumpstops with 12" travel forward mounted shocks.

FB_IMG_1671492149893.jpg

Reactions: Wildman and P man
Having issues with the rear sway bar hitting the drivers side of the stinger? Any one had this issue? Does sway bar need new bushings or does it need to be heated up and bent a little so it doesn’t hit? Is that even advisable? Been chasing the noise for a long time and finally think I found it.

Having issues with the rear sway bar hitting the drivers side of the stinger? Any one had this issue? Does sway bar need new bushings or does it need to be heated up and bent a little so it doesn’t hit? Is that even advisable? Been chasing the noise for a long time and finally think I found it.

Pics would be a big help.

Reactions: Wildman