Nth Degree Rear Lower Control Arm (LCA) Geometry Correction Template

Wildman

Over Analyzer Extraordinaire...............
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Howdy all,
I have commented in another thread that I have this template and that I am willing to share it. It is a first come first served process. Right now one forum member has the template and has done the mod on his TJ. So I am waiting to hear back as to how he likes it and if he noticed any difference after doing the mod. He will be going to Moab soon so I am not sure the exact time frame I will be getting his comments.

The person next in line for the template right now is BrainJ5600.

So the process is that as each person gets done with it they mail it to the next person in line wanting to try this. You may want to wait for some feedback first or try it for yourself. That is up to each of you. When I did this I was installing a Nth Degree Longarm kit on my TJ along with the AiRock system so I did not drive the TJ in a before and after configuration so I can't say if I felt it helped or not. So we will use this thread to get a list of people who want to use the template. When it is sent to the person before you I will PM you for your mailing address and pass it on. When the last person has used it all I ask is that it be mailed back to me. Postage cost are your responsibility. I am not charging anything for it's usage.

The directions are in the PDF file attached to this thread. One thing I want to point to everyone is it does state in the directions that when doing this you should also be doing a Short Arm Handling Improvement kit. I have no idea what this is since I was doing a long arm and using their rear stinger. It also states that doing this with out the RUCA correction could cause incorrect Anti-Squat percentage, instant center height and pinion angle geometry. So make sure you read the directions (I know most of us are MEN and we hate reading directions😁) and understand what it could do to your suspension.

Glad I can offer this up.

PS: I have a binder with the instructions for all the parts I have installed on my TJ plus notes of the odd parts. Since about the only thing left on my TJ that is stock is the tub it helps to have this for reference since my memory isn't what it use to be. So if you have a question about just about any of the things I have installed I should have the directions. I do this one all my vehicles. I have one for my Harley, Artic Cat Wildcat SXS, my Ram truck and started one for my daughters TJ.

Attachments

• Rear LCA Geometry Correction Template..pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,071
Reactions: Chris
For those of you who hasn't seen what this template looks like this is it.
Nth Degree Template.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Thanks for doing this. I might be interested in the future. This is an item I wanted to purchase from Nth degree before they dissappeared.

Fargo,
I am glad I was able to help. Can't wait for the feedback from the forum member who has this.

Yeah, I'd like to hear a little more feedback as well before I do this.

Its funny how long the Nth Degree stuff has been around and yet people are just now realizing what it really was. They were so far ahead of their time.

Yeah, I'd like to hear a little more feedback as well before I do this.

Its funny how long the Nth Degree stuff has been around and yet people are just now realizing what it really was. They were so far ahead of their time.

It was one of the reasons that I installed their suspension kit on my TJ. Over all I like the kit BUT it does have some issues. Because I used a HP60 that they didn't offer a bracket kit for I had to use their Universal Bracket kit.

IMG00587.jpg

IMG00588.jpg

IMG00618.jpg

I don't know if this is the reason why the suspension doesn't work but I have some really bad anti-squat it my Jeep.

The rear stinger system that replaces your rear upper control arms is an interesting idea. I have a popping noise some of the time coming from the rear.

My stinger is different than this becasue of the universal brackets. I have a pretty good picture of it but can't find it right now.

If you read the instructions your have to use the Short Arm Handling Improvement kit or a stinger kit before you drill the new holes. From what I can find on the net the handling improvement kit is new upper arms and a track bar. I am not positive about this information. So it comes down to USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Found a picture finally of the universal bracket kit.

This has nothing to do with the lower control arm shift nut it helps to see some of the parts.

My jeeps PO installed the stinger to the rear differential and it seems to work well.
However I will read the instructions and see if I need to double check the install.
Thanks for the post Wildman !

My jeeps PO installed the stinger to the rear differential and it seems to work well.
However I will read the instructions and see if I need to double check the install.
Thanks for the post Wildman !

Do you have a shortarm or longarm suspension on your TJ?

The nth rear upper control arm kit relocates the upper arm mounting points up about 2" as well. It's a set of brackets that bolt on to the axle. I'be heard that it had problems with staying on the axle due to the greater leverage the arms can exert on the brackets (greater moment arm).

The whole short arm relocation thing is something I'm researching right now... There is something to it, but I don't know if you can properly control the forces involved if you actually lift the axle mounts enough to make a difference. You may need a combination of a drop on the rear uppers at the frame, and a lift on the rear uppers at the axle.

When I get my computer working again, I can post a couple of PDFs of the install instructions for the RUCA kit.

Last edited:
I PMed BlackJack about the axle side UCA mount height. These are his replies.

"The brackets have two mounting locations dependent on if you redrilled the lower arm mount on the axle or not. I can not find my notes at the moment so I will crawl under the jeep tomorrow and get some numbers for you."

"So the Nth bracket moved the mounting up 2.5 or 3.5 inches with the upper hole 7.25 inches above the axle tube."

Reactions: dimension12
I'm wondering if you can install taller UCAM? I know for some don't have the means to do this but it might be one option.

Doesn't the drill template also require moving the uppers with an Nth bracket relocation kit?

Doesn't the drill template also require moving the uppers with an Nth bracket relocation kit?

If you don't have the stinger yes. If you have the stinger then no. That is what is being talked about and it appears someone might have the instructions for the short are UCA relocation.

Reactions: jjvw
Last edited:

I don't think moving the lower w/o moving the upper would help because you are not moving the angle much if any. You would also be shortening the separation of the control arms at the axle. My understanding is that with larger diameter tires, 35" tires, separation should be increased to around 10" to 11". With 4" of suspension lift and using the top hole, the upper frame mount will be slightly lower than the axle mount. I would be interested in what Triaged calculator would show like this. Anyone have good measurement for stock TJ pick up points?

Brian, I don't know enough about the shortarm kit to offer any advice. But I would seem to me you are limiting your up travel if you have to raise the UCA mounts. @jjvw has done a lot of cycling his suspension so maybe he can comment on this.