Nugget

Heater core swapped out.
Removed the A/C core, installed a blocking plate.

broke a blender door on the disassembly, so now I have no heat. Ugh

Not a time to have no heat.

The Jeep is driving so much better since I unbinded the rear drive shaft. The new control arms are awesome.

searching for a blend door on the salvage sites found a full hard door in middle WA in Inca gold. Got the mind spinning. Can’t spend anymore money this close to retirement but it’s the right color. Eww. What to do.

Reactions: tworley
Just build a fire in the passenger side to warm up the interior but remember to roll down a window.

I can remember cruising around in a buddies truck during the middle of winter with the windows down so we could check out the girls.... Not that there was much to look at when it's 0* outside.

If you find a blend door some where here in WA let me know and I'll go get it for ya.

Reactions: voodooridr
well the buttery smooth savvy shifter almost did me in.

i don’t have it adjusted correctly so it’s been dropping out or getting pushed out of 4hi. Needless to say when driving on a sheet of ice is not the time to go from 4wd to 2wd.

crossed traffic backwards at 30 mph and went straight for a road sign. Missed it by 4”

As soon as the tires hit the snow bank I spun drivers side. Ending up stuck in the snow as.

so no more driving till I get that adjusted properly

AAF31CD0-8925-44B6-A50D-FE9441E1FBA4.jpeg

Climbed under the Jeep last night, the cable shifter for the transfer case still needs adjustment.

Got it closer. The torque kicks the shifter out of gear. And when driving on ice, the change from 4wd to 2wd can be tragic. Haven’t driven it much this winter. Too many projects are mounting with us trying to figure life out.

did install the remainder of the savvy tummy tuck. Those bolts are a pain in the ass to align. Then If you mount the support arm in the rear. Nearly impossible to get the middle bots all lined up. Well it has to come down again for the next adjustment to the cable shifter.

loving the fact I no longer have to support the tranny to remove the skid plate.

The wife said I should update this,

been preparing for the move to the lower 48.

she didn’t want to ship her jeep with the military movers, they would require her to get a new windshield.

So I got the new windshield, took it in for the pre-move inspection with the vehicle processing Center with International Automotive Logestics. (IAL)

any one in the military that has had to ship a vehicle knows how much of a pain that can be.

I wrote down the starting instructions. They printed them off and posted it on the dashboard.

my Jeep was dropped off and moved by the staff. I departed Fairbanks. And am down in anchorage when they call me a week later and said the Jeep caught on fire.

Drive the 7 hours back to Fairbanks.
And find the transport driver failed to turn the starter switch off. I installed a remote start switch, it wasn’t a momentary.
The starting instructions stated, when the engine comes to life turn the switch off.

drive started after about 30 seconds the switch started smoking. And he turned the Jeep off.

the Jeeps starter switch is melted in the engage position. And the Cummins starter is fried. And IAL is denying any wrong doing and will not cover the new (rebuilt) starter of the shop labor of rewiring the starter switch.

they deny based off of bad wiring.

it is a common hot rod procedure to have an alternative starting method. And it was even approved of before drop off.

am I in the wrong?

any suggestions?

I can’t be a turd (yet), because I still need the Jeep shipped.

I already paid $5600 to have the other two vehicles shipped. I still need this one shipped on the military dime.

• Sad
Reactions: tworley and Wildman
The wife said I should update this,

been preparing for the move to the lower 48.

she didn’t want to ship her jeep with the military movers, they would require her to get a new windshield.

So I got the new windshield, took it in for the pre-move inspection with the vehicle processing Center with International Automotive Logestics. (IAL)

any one in the military that has had to ship a vehicle knows how much of a pain that can be.

I wrote down the starting instructions. They printed them off and posted it on the dashboard.

my Jeep was dropped off and moved by the staff. I departed Fairbanks. And am down in anchorage when they call me a week later and said the Jeep caught on fire.

Drive the 7 hours back to Fairbanks.
And find the transport driver failed to turn the starter switch off. I installed a remote start switch, it wasn’t a momentary.
The starting instructions stated, when the engine comes to life turn the switch off.

drive started after about 30 seconds the switch started smoking. And he turned the Jeep off.

the Jeeps starter switch is melted in the engage position. And the Cummins starter is fried. And IAL is denying any wrong doing and will not cover the new (rebuilt) starter of the shop labor of rewiring the starter switch.

they deny based off of bad wiring.

it is a common hot rod procedure to have an alternative starting method. And it was even approved of before drop off.

am I in the wrong?

any suggestions?

I can’t be a turd (yet), because I still need the Jeep shipped.

I already paid $5600 to have the other two vehicles shipped. I still need this one shipped on the military dime.

Yep dealing with the military shipping is a PITA. I only shipped one vehicle with the military and it was from Germany back to the states. It was a Chevy conversion van and they still managed to mess it up.
I've got some horror stories also of what the military did to buddies motorcycles. Sorry to hear about the problems. Safe travels.

Are you coming through Washington? If you are let me know when and maybe we can meet up?

Yep dealing with the military shipping is a PITA. I only shipped one vehicle with the military and it was from Germany back to the states. It was a Chevy conversion van and they still managed to mess it up.
I've got some horror stories also of what the military did to buddies motorcycles. Sorry to hear about the problems. Safe travels.

Are you coming through Washington? If you are let me know when and maybe we can meet up?
Oh I forgot that problem too

The ferry cancel our trip with 30 hours prior to boarding.

so back through Canada again. Closest we’re getting to Washington is Glacier NP.

would have been nice to meet ya.

we’re not done with the PNW. So next time definitely.

Reactions: Wildman
Update, been around the block a bit. Finally settled into Colorado for now.

The 13 year old tires are just about out of tread, I’ve got a 1000 miles on the Jeep since the engine swap.

Still tweaking it with the eventual goal of 35”.

Installing a Currectlync and adjustable rear drag bar

Decided I’ll probably order a new Dana 44 front axle next year. With a locker in it.

This winter I’ll take the dash apart again to get the heater fixed.

Don't I know it. I'd never lived anywhere longer than 3 years until I moved here in WA. And I stayed here because I told my daughter I wouldn't move until she was done with school.

Good luck and enjoy life a little, I'm thinking about doing something like the snowbird thing in a few years.

We moved to Rolla, Mo. told my Middle son we will be here till you graduate. He starts his 9th grade year. Winter hits. We are living in the Camper full time.

I start getting really bored and fidgety. Guy pulls into the spot next to us and offers me a job in Denver. So by March we were in Denver

We moved to Rolla, Mo. told my Middle son we will be here till you graduate. He starts his 9th grade year. Winter hits. We are living in the Camper full time.

I start getting really bored and fidgety. Guy pulls into the spot next to us and offers me a job in Denver. So by March we were in Denver

Well hopefully you'll stay there until he's done with school.

Nice work on the hardtop lift. Keep plugging away at the Jeep, it's looking good.

Finished the trac-bar and Currectlync install. Clearly didn’t do the direction correct since the steering wheel is now 90* to the passenger.

I’m taking it in to get the thing alignment done. With the new control arms and steering linkage. It will probably just be quicker to let the professionals do it. I don’t even know if I have the wheel base correct.

So many new parts under there. The Axle sure could use a touch of black paint.

Slowly getting to the point I’ll be able to install +4” springs to fit those 35’s.

Rear track bar is next. Along with sway bar extensions. Just have to find another weekend that’s free.

image.jpg

started mocking up the mounting for the savvy engine skid. looks like it will play nicely with the Axis motor mounts.

emailed Gman to see if i can get a mount with just a little longer area for the mounting holes. I also have a coworker who is friends with a retired machinist who likes making things in his spare time.

i definitely do t have the tools to create a bracket on my own.

71062695080__A83D3F5E-9812-4017-B28E-FB5253D60F7C.jpeg

IMG_1566.jpeg

IMG_1567.jpeg

IMG_1570.jpeg

IMG_1569.jpeg

Also realized i never out any lock tite on the engine mount bolts. 3 of them are gone. and the lower ones were super lose.

this is what happens when you throw an engine swap in a hurry because winter is approaching.

• Wow
also no more shiny bit left on the headlights

the ring that held the light in place was still chrome. can’t have that. only chrome left on the jeep is the door locks.

image.jpg

went too long without installing the rear track arm because i thought it had to be welded into to place.

realized i just needed to drill some holes.

got some good rub marks. the fuel tank bolt is hard to even recognize

IMG_1574.jpeg

IMG_1573.jpeg

IMG_1572.jpeg