Nut on bottom door pin spins but won't come off

If the bottom nut just spins it's likely a previous owner stripped it by trying to turn it the wrong way... which is common on upside-down nuts like that. A Dremel tool cutoff disk would make short work of the lower hinge pin. Don't worry about the nut not being able to screw back onto it, I haven't had a hinge pin nut installed on either of my doors in 22 years.

If the bottom nut just spins it's likely a previous owner stripped it by trying to turn it the wrong way... which is common on upside-down nuts like that. A Dremel tool cutoff disk would make short work of the lower hinge pin. Don't worry about the nut not being able to screw back onto it, I haven't had a hinge pin nut installed on either of my doors in 22 years.
Thanks Jerry.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
And if you ask Jerry if he's worried about his doors being stolen, he will tell you no, he is more worried about the entire Jeep being stolen.

Removing the threaded part is an attractive solution and will prevent the paint damage wrenches cause as well.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
If you cut the threaded portion off of ONE pin it will actually make the door easier to install. Slightly insert the longer pin first and the shorter pin will easily follow. It can be done of course but lining up both pins to go in at the same time is more difficult.

I turned mine the wrong way, snapped the threaded part right off each side. No longer need a wrench to swap those doors. 😁

Happened to me when i first bought my jeep to take the doors off, seems like as Jerry said the PO tried to turn it the wrong way, just used a cutoff wheel.

I'm trying to take doors off the LJ I bought this week. Top nut comes off but bottom one just spins. Do I need to cut it off? Is a cut off tool the best tool for the job?
Aaahhhh...

Those little ignorant security nuts...because you know...just how bad someone wants to steal your doors.
Has anyone at Jeep ever lifted their very own CJ/YJ/TJ door?

You aren't running up the road carrying them bitches. 😯

Seriously...
Could you see Clark W. Griswold saying hey kids....look at all this plight. There goes someone running with some Jeep doors.

Cut them ignorant things off...(be careful) and fuhgetaboutit

Aaahhhh...

Those little ignorant security nuts...because you know...just how bad someone wants to steal your doors.
Has anyone at Jeep ever lifted their very own CJ/YJ/TJ door?

You aren't running up the road carrying them bitches. 😯

Seriously...
Could you see Clark W. Griswold saying hey kids....look at all this plight. There goes someone running with some Jeep doors.

Cut them ignorant things off...(be careful) and fuhgetaboutit
I tried lifting the driver's door back by myself - did not make it - 55 pounds - I may cut off a thread or 2.