Im not very good at explaining how I do things, so I will try and give you guys the basics thta was done to make this install complete. 1st off let me tell you the only thing that will bolt/plug right in, is the tranny and vent hose. I believe just for a 97-98 TJ jeep wrangler. Before I started my install I tried to get all my parts needed so I wouldnt be running around at the last minute. The NV241OR Rubicon transfer casecomes with 32 spline output shafts, on the front come with a 1330 cv yoke and the rear comes with a flange. With the help from Coast Driveline in Ventura Ca. I was able to score 2, 1310 style yokes that will bolt right up to my current driveshafts. 1310 on left 1330 on right I also noticed that the speedo gear and wiring was different from my NP231. The 231 has an actual gear, and the Rubicon transfer case comes with a magnetic speedo sensor. The new wiring does not plug right into the harness. Along with this, I knew the 4x4 light would also not work. I did the wiring last, but I went to a local auto parts store and picked up a 3-wire connector that is weather resistant. One huge thing that helped out was a wiring diagram I got from TeraFlex. There SYE kit gives you the cennector you need and has a wire diagram chart for what color wire does what. The place I got the info has not been working since I used it, but ill give the color combos later. So basically I thought I would have the most trouble with wiring and maybe some shift linkage stuff. It turns out that the Transmission mount will not clear the new and much larger NV241OR. I was kind of stumped at this point and actually got an used Rubicon skid plate to see if that would work. I soon found out the frame bolts would not line up right. I ended up buying new Grade 8 bolts for the mount and made about a one inch spacer this is the gap, because it hits on the lower pic so an easy fix(I know its not the best solution but it has been very solid so far and most of the weight is on the skid plate anyway) so now that I had the mount figured out, the size of the new case is not supposed to be used with the older style skid from 97-98. The newer cross member skid plates are much larger and have plenty of room for the Rock-Trac t-case. In order to make all the geometry in the shift linkage the same, and not have the case hitting the tub, I HAD to either put a body lift or a t-case drop. this angle has to be even or links will rub I just so happen to have my old (but brand new) 1 inch lowering kit. This works perfect, but I really dont like losing another inch of clearance so will probably be doing a body lift later on towards summer. One thing that really confused me was the shift pattern on the two cases. ON THE ACTUAL CASE they shift differtly. Its hard to explain unless you are looking at it in front of you. Basically the rod im holding PUSHES down on the lever on the case(green spot), pushes down to get to 4LO. and the Rubicon transfer case it actually shifts upwards towards the tub of the vehicle. you can see the different positions of the lever when they are both in 4low here: hopefully I am making sense when im showing these pictures, trust me this was a BIG project and there were tiems where I didnt think I would be able to pull it off, doing 95% of the work by myself and the Rubi case is NOT very light weight. So along with my troubles with the shift linkage you CAN re-use old stuff. You can buy a new bracket from Skyjacker or Novak adapters but I was in a time constraint. The rod that goes from the shift handle(inside the cab) to the lever on the case has to be shortened a little less than an inch. I bought some small tubing and was going to cutt and sleev it to the size I need. Just to see if it would work, I just bent the rod. Luckily enough it works fine(for now). so i just left it for now. these are the 3-wire plugs I got: This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. Im sure I left out a lot, but if anyone has any questions feel free to ask!!! I searched everywhere and got very little feedback so basically had to figuer it out as I went. Everything is solid and works great. I have not had any "real" testing done with the new 4:1 but from the my experiences on going through the neighors empty lot and short wall in front of our house all I can say is.....wow...Johnsone valley here I come..again! On the street in 4LO i slammed on my brakes and could not stop my jeep or stall it. I cant wait to get it out on some rocks. Well here are some more random pics! hope you enjoy!