NV3500 replacement filler plug needed

SailorEd

Hi friends,
I’m looking for a replacement fill plug on my 2003 5mt NV3500. The 17mm hex is kinda shallow and hard to get a good grip on/in, as you likely know, and looking like it has reached the end of its nine lives! One more and I’m sure it’ll strip out.
I'd like to think I’m pretty good when it comes to searching for things (given the massive amount of crap I buy online) but I’m at a loss… I just can’t find one! Anyone have any leads on where I can order one? Ideally it would be great to get a pipe plug at the hardware store but I'll settle for ordering one online. Also, does anyone know the thread pitch (1/2NPT?)?

Thank you!

Hi friends,
I’m looking for a replacement fill plug on my 2003 5mt NV3500. The 17mm hex is kinda shallow and hard to get a good grip on/in, as you likely know, and looking like it has reached the end of its nine lives! One more and I’m sure it’ll strip out.
I'd like to think I’m pretty good when it comes to searching for things (given the massive amount of crap I buy online) but I’m at a loss… I just can’t find one! Anyone have any leads on where I can order one? Ideally it would be great to get a pipe plug at the hardware store but I'll settle for ordering one online. Also, does anyone know the thread pitch (1/2NPT?)?

Thank you!

I can't help with the fill plug, but a 10mm coupling nut fits it perfectly. It might give you a bit more purchase with your wrench. I use a 17mm socket on mine.
1718071685675.png