Npcun1996

I have a 2001 TJ 4.0 with an NV3550. I had some normal nv grinding from 1-2 and then got worse on downshifting. Just recently it started to come out of third when decelerating so I took it to a shop and long story short I need a transmission and a clutch no surprise which they quoted me 4900.

They are looking at putting a Rockland Terminator in it any advise on that? I have looked it to it and I can probably do the swap on it my shelf for almost half the cost so I am leaning that way as I have a shop for the winter. Is it an easy swap or any common problems with doing it? And also while I’m doing the clutch and tans is it worth doing the rear main seal if it is leaking a little or worth replacing anything else? Appreciate any tips.

Mostly a weekend cruiser now with off-road trails a couple times a year. Looking to build into a drivable trail rig one day.

For 4900 I think I would look into doing it myself or getting some other quotes. You probably only need a standard duty ax15 shich are still available brand new from multiple vendors. Easy swap, lots of parts availability

thank you. The Terminator from what I read and from talking to them is just a slightly beefed up ax15 and is 1800 and I can find a regular ax15 for 1100. Is Terminator worth the 700?

thank you. The Terminator from what I read and from talking to them is just a slightly beefed up ax15 and is 1800 and I can find a regular ax15 for 1100. Is Terminator worth the 700?

Based on your description of how you use the jeep I will say no terminator needed. You need to double check those prices though they aren't correct unless someone screwed up

Thanks for the help. I spoke with Rockland today and they told me 1895 for the trans and another 175 for the shifter. I see some reman 15s for 1100-1300 but if I spend more then that I might as well just go with the Terminator.