NV3550 hard to shift out of 1st and 2nd gear

Interested to know the results
Thank you ...I’m sending the LUK clutch kit with it because it only wants to do it when the engine is running , It acts completely normal when the engine is turned off...Plus the smell leads me to think it is the disc

Can a rear main seal leak eventually cause the clutch disc to get oil impregnated

Thank you ...I’m sending the LUK clutch kit with it because it only wants to do it when the engine is running , It acts completely normal when the engine is turned off...Plus the smell leads me to think it is the disc

Can a rear main seal leak eventually cause the clutch disc to get oil impregnated
I dont know the answer to that question. But I'll say that the fact it only happens in first and second led me to think it was a problem inside the tranny, involving those specific mechanisms.

But the rebuild wasnt the fix I had hoped for.

I hope you get yours fixed soon!

I dont know the answer to that question. But I'll say that the fact it only happens in first and second led me to think it was a problem inside the tranny, involving those specific mechanisms.

But the rebuild wasnt the fix I had hoped for.

I hope you get yours fixed soon!
Thanks, mine is all gears,
But the more torque load is on the transmission the harder it is to shift out ...which Second and third are the ones I used to accelerate the most ...leading me to think that the disc is sticking In the clutch doesn’t want to fully disengage

Depending upon how bad the RMS leak is that is a definite possibility.

Reactions: AndyG
Thanks, mine is all gears,
But the more torque load is on the transmission the harder it is to shift out ...which Second and third are the ones I used to accelerate the most ...leading me to think that the disc is sticking In the clutch doesn’t want to fully disengage
The disc you're referring to sticking, is that the thing that's not supposed to be resurfaced?

The guy I took mine to was supposedly a Jeep guy, but he resurfaced something that I've read shouldn't be resurfaced.

The disc you're referring to sticking, is that the thing that's not supposed to be resurfaced?

The guy I took mine to was supposedly a Jeep guy, but he resurfaced something that I've read shouldn't be resurfaced.
The flywheel is NOT supposed to be resurfaced; it has a slight curve to the surface for proper clutch engagement. You can take crocus cloth to scuff the surface, but if there are hot spots and surface cracks... the flywheel should be replaced.

Reactions: AndyG
Andy, any update?
Yes thanks tried to find to update-

clutch fried.

new LUK ...all better, 5th still sticky...was pretty concerned

dumped fluid , new Valvoline synchromesh...jeep is like new

heat must have trashed the fluid

Reactions: 02SteelBlue