Nv3550

Tj04

TJ Enthusiast
With the nv3550, is there any vents other than the breather vent? I've read when you push in he clUtch it opens up a plate or something. Where is this? Top or bottom of tranny? Anyone have any pictures of this? Can't find anything searching.

The NV3550 has a little breather cap on top of the transmission. Its actually lower than any of the other breathers on the Machine...
Tranny_LI.jpg

Reactions: 03coloradowrangler
I extended that to the top of the firewall. Is there ANY other vents or anything? What this ordeal of "when you push in the clutch it opens a couple vents" whenever I read about river fording in a TJ I see this mentioned.

The NV3550 has a little breather cap on top of the transmission. Its actually lower than any of the other breathers on the Machine...

View attachment 22764

Mike H
I extended that to the top of the firewall. Is there ANY other vents or anything? What this ordeal of "when you push in the clutch it opens a couple vents" whenever I read about river fording in a TJ I see this mentioned.

TJ04, do you know if vent is threaded and if so what size? I'd like to extend mine up to firewall

TJ04, how did you attach your extension hose, did you remove dust cap and clamp on a hose to the pipe?

You need to use the "@" symbol to tag someone in particular. However, the person you're trying to tag hasn't logged in for over 5 years. I doubt you'll get a response. You should probably start a new thread to specifically ask the question your looking for.

Reactions: Kenneth G Zinis