NVG241 Input Seal orientation

marcus2137

20230320_185833.jpg

So I'm swapping a 231 for a 241 rubi case and I'm putting in some new seals and stuff while it's easy to do. The only one that was actually leaking was the input seal. I'm getting ready to pull it out and put the new one in. I'm pretty confident that the one that it came with is backwards, but I'm new to 241s so wanted to confirm before I put the new on in.

The picture is the leaky seal that the case had in it when I bought it, it's backwards, right?

If the 241OR is like any of the other 241s it uses a double seal so it will look just like that. Older 241s used two thin seals that were installed opposing each other.

If the 241OR is like any of the other 241s it uses a double seal so it will look just like that. Older 241s used two thin seals that were installed opposing each other.

Thanks for the reply, definitely appreciate the feedback I'm going to try to find better diagrams online and see what they say. Most of the pics I see look like the seal is the other way, with the spring and open part of the seal facing inside the case, which makes more sense to me, spring usually faces the side you want to keep oil in.

Thanks again.