O2 sensor issues and code P0133

Leonard2005

O2 Sensor Problems

My check engine light came on a while ago code p0331 and I changed both upstream o2 sensors

The light went off for about 2 weeks and then came on again

same code P0133

Then the light went off again after a few days and now it is on again

Anyone have this issue?

Tks

Interesting... usually this issue is because someone didn’t use NGK sensors and cheaped out on some Chinese generic brand.

Just to rule it out, I would reset the light, drive around for a while and see how long it takes to come back on. There’s a chance it might not come back on at all and this could be a fluke. Do you have a tool to reset the code?

Interesting... usually this issue is because someone didn’t use NGK sensors and cheaped out on some Chinese generic brand.

Just to rule it out, I would reset the light, drive around for a while and see how long it takes to come back on. There’s a chance it might not come back on at all and this could be a fluke. Do you have a tool to reset the code?

Thank you!

I do not have the tool to reset the codes but I will pick one up.

Any recomendations?

Thank you!

Any recomendations?

As a matter of fact, yes. I’ve been using this one for probably 7 years now on all my vehicles including my Jeep. It’s got a color screen, super easy to use interface, and a host of other features as well. I always recommend this to people due to how well it works. It makes reading and erasing codes a breeze!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CP8CV7U/?tag=wranglerorg-20

As a matter of fact, yes. I’ve been using this one for probably 7 years now on all my vehicles including my Jeep. It’s got a color screen, super easy to use interface, and a host of other features as well. I always recommend this to people due to how well it works. It makes reading and erasing codes a breeze!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CP8CV7U/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Thank you so much!

I will reset the codes once I receive.

Reactions: Chris
Go figure! It could be a fluke. See if it stays off, if so, then you can chalk it up to nothing but a fluke, which can happen from time to time.

Thank you!

Any recomendations?
BTW, just disconnect the battery to clear codes.
Also the little bluetooth or wifi obd2 modules that sell for $15 and a free to 5 dollar app will give you a lot more information on everything the PCM knows than any dedicated OBD reader.
Don

ok cant figure out which sensor is bad on my tj 2000 jeep wrangler 4.0 straight 6, it says its code p0133 which reads bank 1 sensor 1 where is that freakin sensor and whats does it mean with emissions or without emissions???

What brand of O2 sensors did you replace them with?
ok cant figure out which sensor is bad on my tj 2000 jeep wrangler 4.0 straight 6, it says its code p0133 which reads bank 1 sensor 1 where is that freakin sensor and whats does it mean with emissions or without emissions???

See this thread:

The Official Jeep Wrangler TJ Oxygen (O2) Sensor Thread

In the very first post you'll see the diagram to help you identify which sensor that is with a picture. You'll also find the part number (and link) you need for the replacement.