Observation On The Silliness Of Corporate America

Price matching definitely work, but you need to make them easy. I mean, the price matching is a big part of how Best Buy is still prospering in the age of Amazon, but it works because it's not a huge hassle. Having to wait days for a price match is ridiculous.

Summit will price match for me over the phone. And chat.
4WheelParts experiance seems to be based on local manager. Some of them are great.
My 2019 resolution was to go 1 year with no amazon orders. You really do notice what 10s of billions of dollars in development costs can provide that smaller outfits can't, but I hated losing my local hardware stores after I just started going to Home Depot because it was easier.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm one of those old geezers who would rather pick up a part and hold it in my hands before I commit to buying it, and for that reason I prefer to shop at brick and mortar stores whenever possible. That being said, I was shopping for some weather pack connectors for my fog lights last weekend to replace the toasted ones I have. I needed both male and female ends (two each) and all the parts stores in town had either one or the other, but never both. The closest I came was at a Pep Boys that had two female plugs and one male. They said that the computer showed the other male connector in stock, but they couldn't find it in the store. Not helpful. I got home, fired up the computing device and within five minutes had located exactly what I needed on Amazon. Ordered, paid for, and two day delivery, all set up in minutes, and the price was lower than anything local. I'll still visit the parts stores for most things I need, but the interwebs provide a handy option when needed.
summit has a very neat weatherpack kit.it contains from single to four pin male and female the rubber washers and the crimp terminals

Fortunately (or unfortunatly depending on your perspective), e-commerce is here to stay. Companies that can't (or refuse) to adopt that mentality will fall by the wayside.

There are very few establishments that are impervious to the WWW shake-up (think restaurants, coffee joints, etc). I predict almost anything retail oriented will be fully electronic or have smaller retail footprints for essential items. Target is piloting something similar. Walmart is boosting their shipping infrastructure to compete with Amazon. Sears and Toys R Us didn't adapt, and look what happened.

It's only a matter of time, gents.