California Ocotillo night run 4/17/21

Nickgsjeep

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
@Sancho @DoOver @Nickgsjeep @Billy06 @Ocho @Bigmac @Larry97TJ @Nightmare9 @fuse @Brandough @GoBig
@49mercpapo @CaliSteve @lulzpwndyah
@1904-06LJR @Richyrich @Stinkbug @connor grimes @bkeith72 @EzPeezy
@Jerry Bransford @Rec_Rider @olafwagner @ncfitton @suicideking @Dino - KX6D

Hey all, planning a night run in the desert.

Sin Nombre Canyon to Fish Creek Wash.

This is non technical trail and a stock jeep can do it fine. Front and rear recovery points, sway bar disconnect/antirock, sober driver and working 4 wheel drive are what is required. It’ll be a nice desert cruise with some stops for snacks and a chance to check out the stars.
We will go down Diablo Drop Off which will require 4Lo and a little focus but it is a fun section of the trail. Planning to meet at the Ocotillo Community Park on the S2 at 6:45pm.

Let me know if you wanna roll!

Last edited:
Hey Nick, I might be able to join you all Saturday. Should have a final answer Friday. On another note I saw your post but didn't receive notification (I thought with the @ in front of users name it would notify). Might be worth asking Chris if something is broke on the notification.

Are you planning to wheel in Moab during TJ Fest?

Hey Nick, I might be able to join you all Saturday. Should have a final answer Friday. On another note I saw your post but didn't receive notification (I thought with the @ in front of users name it would notify). Might be worth asking Chris if something is broke on the notification.

Cool let me know! I going to try it again but from my computer and see if that works, copying and pasting the names on my phone makes it do weird stuff

Just saw the rest of the post, yes I’ll be wheeling in TJ fest👍🏼 Also I updated the first post, did it notify you?

Reactions: LarryTJ
Just saw the rest of the post, yes I’ll be wheeling in TJ fest👍🏼 Also I updated the first post, did it notify you?
Sounds good on the TJ fest. No, I didn't receive another subsequent notification only that you replied to the thread and I received that notification.

I got the alert that I was mentioned in the post, not sure if that's the same as a notification. Would assume so? Anyways, I'm a strong possibility for this. I was planning on installing my new rear control arm on Saturday, but guess that could wait for another day. I wheeled in Ocotillo Wells often, but haven't been as far south as where the run will begin, and haven't been on any of these trails, so that would be cool to check out some new scenery. Roughly how long do you think the run will take start to finish?

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
I got the alert that I was mentioned in the post, not sure if that's the same as a notification. Would assume so? Anyways, I'm a strong possibility for this. I was planning on installing my new rear control arm on Saturday, but guess that could wait for another day. I wheeled in Ocotillo Wells often, but haven't been as far south as where the run will begin, and haven't been on any of these trails, so that would be cool to check out some new scenery. Roughly how long do you think the run will take start to finish?
Awesome, glad to hear that you got the alert that you were mentioned. That’s the goal.

Depending on how fast we go, the run usually takes around 4 hours at cruising speed. You can haul ass all the way through and be done in significantly less time though. Last time I did this as a night run it took about 4 hours right @Sancho ?

Awesome, glad to hear that you got the alert that you were mentioned. That’s the goal.

Depending on how fast we go, the run usually takes around 4 hours at cruising speed. You can haul ass all the way through and be done in significantly less time though. Last time I did this as a night run it took about 4 hours right @Sancho ?
I'd be cool at cruising speed. Just wasn't sure how late it would get in the event I bring my boy along.

I'd be cool at cruising speed. Just wasn't sure how late it would get in the event I bring my boy along.
We are bringing my 4 year old. It’s waaay late for her and she sleeps the back half but she loves going on the night runs. It’s a cool mix of slot canyons and open desert and the stars are great out there. Also there’s lots of wildlife activity that she loves.

Slightly less.. but planning for 4 hrs is a good idea.. if your including fish creek and out.

Im still tentative... might actually camp out there.

Last edited:
cricket.gif

Fyi.... this run sets you up for awesome stargazing.

It is one of the few places designated as an official dark zone.

Ill be in san felipe saturday... and mojave trail next week.

So i am gonna miss this run.

Looks like I'm out. The little lady has a baby shower to go to Saturday afternoon/evening that I knew about, but forgotten all about it. That means I'm stuck at home with the kids. I would bring them with, but we have 5 kids and they all ain't fitting in the TJ. Sounds like a cool run. Hopefully I can make it to the next one.

• Wow
Reactions: WSS and Nickgsjeep