Odd Things To Think About

You simply need a good heater on that bike !
Nah, just gotta dress for the weather. This was three years ago.
39372835154_dbf5cb37e8_z.jpg

Cylinder head temps top out at around 395F in the winter, so no need for the propane heater. I’ve been out on it at -10F. Neither one of us really liked that day. I think the bike was asking WTF is wrong with me.

In the picture, I’m wearing ski pants and a Swedish military overcoat. Balaclava under the helmet. It was probably in the mid teens that day. The coat is one heavy SOB I got from a surplus store in Anchorage for a couple of bucks. I also scored a pair of Swedish military motorcycle bibs a couple years ago. From the sixties and heavy like the overcoat. If you must fall over while wearing both, fall forward. Otherwise, you make like a turtle trying to get back up.

My winter riding gear has improved quite a bit over the years. I’ll never be without heated grips and muffs ever again. Insulated boots, but not pack boots. They’re too clumsy for foot controls. The jury is still out on the heated socks. Most times, lined jeans under leather chaps is adequate. I have jackets and coats for various types of weather. Sometimes, I have to learn the hard way. Such as an oilskin Drover coat will keep you dry. You’re freezing your ass off, but you are dry. Yeah, bought the shearling liner for it.
Still haven’t come up with anything for the freezing snot, though.

• Haha
Reactions: Rick Flair
Nah, just gotta dress for the weather. This was three years ago.
View attachment 217074
Looks like it's in good company, too. '59 or '60 Chevy, and a '65 or '66 Ford pick-up in there, as well (I'm ignoring the square-body Chev/GMC). ;) (y)

A number of years back, we made some Ural emblems where I work. Can't remember where they attached in the machines, but we made 'em. I might even have a couple kicking around my garage, somewhere.

Reactions: Cheesy
Reactions: Cheesy and DrDmoney
The Chevy and the Falcon were my buddy’s personal projects. Used to work for me and is a hell of a fabricator. Sold both and closed the shop. He didn’t like the sixteen hour days and the harping from his girlfriend/wife/ex-wife/girlfriend/ex-girlfriend (all one and the same certified nut job). Now has a 9-5 again, a sweetheart of a girl, occasionally does chops for Voo Doo Larry at his shop and is a close friend of Gene Winfield.