OEM stereo output specs

AKwinger

Does anybody know the factory stereo specs? I want to upgrade speakers and would like to get ones that will work good with the stock stereo. Nothing fancy just a good sounding set of speakers. This is in an 04 sahara with subwoofer system. Been looking at Crutchfield and there are a lot to chose from. Starting to get confused.

Which factory radio do you have installed ?
There were several available and since you have a Sahara; it's probably a better one than is installed in the Sport or base.
Do a search on the forum and there are plenty of recommended speakers that you can use.
I installed Polk in the rear and Infinity up front.

Last edited:
Kicker C or D series is what you want then. Best bang for the buck. You could add a 4 channel amplifier to help out. You will miss some bass, but if you don't care then grab the Kickers from Crutchfield so you get the mounting rings, and this is a good little amplifier to power the Kickers. You can either get two pairs of the 5.25" Kickers or one 5.25" and one 6.5". 6.5" speakers are for the overhead speaker pods.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017VCX0TW/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Does anybody know the factory stereo specs? I want to upgrade speakers and would like to get ones that will work good with the stock stereo. Nothing fancy just a good sounding set of speakers. This is in an 04 sahara with subwoofer system. Been looking at Crutchfield and there are a lot to chose from. Starting to get confused.
I believe it’s total output is 66 watts.

Glad you have a sub, normally changing the speakers without changing the head unit makes little to no difference. Ask me how I know 😐

If you do not want a different amplifier, then look for the Kicker D series speakers.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_206DS...beN4lOjawUuYXzE10WFAhusEtWblL1whoCY-IQAvD_BwE
If you buy an aftermarket amplifier you can move up to their C series.

Great! Thanks for the replies. I am looking at the Kickers and the Polk DB 522. along with the 6.75" Kicker sub. I will probably go with the Polk and add an amp later on.

Great! Thanks for the replies. I am looking at the Kickers and the Polk DB 522. along with the 6.75" Kicker sub. I will probably go with the Polk and add an amp later on.

I would recommend NOT buying the Polks. The Kicker D series are a few bucks less and will work better with the stock head unit that the Polks. If you go for an amplifier you can upgrade to the Kicker C series, or pending on your budget you can go for a different set-up.

If you grab the Kicker subwoofer, and you intend to buy an amplifier, make sure you pair the amplifier with the Kicker subwoofer. The Kicker comes in 1ohm or 2ohm.