OEM Transfer Case Skid for '97-'02 TJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squatch

Master Thread Derailer
Supporting Member
I'm looking for a rust-free (surface rust is fine) OEM transfer case skid for my '98 TJ Sahara with a manual transmission. A '97-'02 will work, and as far as I know, there's no difference in them between the automatic and manual trans equipped rigs (someone please correct me on that if'n I'm wrong). Mine has a rusted-out area where one of the mounting bolts passes through.:rolleyes: I live just north of Seattle, Washington, so a local part would be great, but if I need to have one shipped in, I'd consider that, as well. So, if any of you guys who've done a bitchin' tummy tuck on your rig still has the old tc skid kickin' around, consider selling it to a fella in need, would ya? ;) I'm really trying to avoid going aftermarket, because we all know that one thing leads to another...

98201 area code, btw.

Thanks,
Squatch

I believe @DrDmoney just put a new skid plate on his 2000 Jeep. Not sure if he wants to keep his old one. If not, maybe someone can give it to @JMT as he passes through California on his way to Washington.
Do you work in logistics ? lol
Jeepers helping Jeepers, love it!!

Uncertain of anyone else's schedule, but my TJ doesn't really seem to have one, so I'm game for whatever sort of relay hand-off you guys come up with. That being said, I don't want anyone to put themselves out for this. I'm willing to pay for shipping, if that'd be easier.(y)

Reactions: DrDmoney
@DrDmoney had said he'd send some pics today of his. (y)

As promised, lite surface rust on frame side and a few dings.
D0DAF59F-AC8E-426E-A046-1ACB6172EC89.jpeg
F71165EC-FCCA-4EBC-925C-8CCD41C030A0.jpeg
9D10649A-B366-4F93-A957-56271C8531F9.jpeg

Reactions: lowranger
I'll look into shipping options. Fastenal wants it on a pallet. Wonder if Greyhound will ship it under their bus? They used to do such things, but that was 30+ years ago. Anyway, I'll be looking into the options, and I'll keep in touch via PM.
:)

I'll look into shipping options. Fastenal wants it on a pallet. Wonder if Greyhound will ship it under their bus? They used to do such things, but that was 30+ years ago. Anyway, I'll be looking into the options, and I'll keep in touch via PM.
:)
Ok, I can put it on a pallet if needed.
Cleaned up a bit.

E6915087-E494-4D3E-8BFD-8F5879521197.jpeg
2C13B021-7382-4C75-AE29-0E24377B2C29.jpeg

I wasn't sure you'd want to have to mess with palletizing the thing. Also, wasn't even sure if there was a Fastenal near you. I want to make this as easy for you as possible!

*Looks WAY better than mine, by the way!

Reactions: lowranger
I wasn't sure you'd want to have to mess with palletizing the thing. Also, wasn't even sure if there was a Fastenal near you. I want to make this as easy for you as possible!

*Looks WAY better than mine, by the way!

Don’t worry about me it gives me something to do when I’m working out of town and pallets are Easy to get.

Interested to know how you ended up shipping. I have some keep parts to sell but don’t have a good method to ship so have help up listing. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interested to know how you ended up shipping. I have some keep parts to sell but don’t have a good method to ship so have help up listing. Thanks

Just pricing some options $117 Fastenal, Bay Area to Seattle area. going to check Greyhound tomorrow.

Reactions: Dan T. and Squatch

I shipped a Dana 44 axle from about an hour north of Seattle, Washington to somewhere in Texas, and the shipping was just around $320. Thus far, that's the only thing I've shipped.

Reactions: Dan T.
I shipped a Dana 44 axle from about an hour north of Seattle, Washington to somewhere in Texas, and the shipping was just around $320. Thus far, that's the only thing I've shipped.
I almost piggy backed it on a pallet of material going to one of our job sites in Seattle but he found another source.

Status
Not open for further replies.