Off-road Honda CRV

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
4F0B3DCA-DA07-48BD-9A99-2C0295DFBD5C.jpeg
First time I’ve ever seen something like this. My wife snapped a photo of it while we were driving on the highway in Portland today.

It had mud terrain tires on it and quite the stance. I couldn’t help but laugh!

I'd rather see a wide stance and mud terrain tires on a CRV over those loud "rice rocket mufflers" so popular on the Honda civics (and I hate the sound of those cars). Is it any good off road, probably not but its better than some teenagers trying to drift their crappy sounding civics.

I'd rather see a wide stance and mud terrain tires on a CRV over those loud "rice rocket mufflers" so popular on the Honda civics (and I hate the sound of those cars). Is it any good off road, probably not but its better than some teenagers trying to drift their crappy sounding civics.

Don't worry, all those teenagers and "tuners" left Hondas a long time ago. They drive pimped out JKUs now.

Reactions: UpperMI and StG58
At our recent off-road adventure we saw a pack of Renegades cruising the recently dozed main roads. One had a roof rack and little winch. It was sad. :( They looked like the biggest bunch of nerds you could ever imagine.

At our recent off-road adventure we saw a pack of Renegades cruising the recently dozed main roads. One had a roof rack and little winch. It was sad. :( They looked like the biggest bunch of nerds you could ever imagine.

I bought one for my college son because of all the cool apps & electronic gismos and he took my '05 TJ manual trans instead :eusa_doh:.

I’ll bet they really bought into the Jeep commercials.

Reactions: StG58
Advertising makes it happen. Just ask the woman in the tight red dress.

Of course. Many people watch one of those Jeep commercials and instantly assume their Patriot, Renegade, or whatever, can do what they did in the commercial.

It just shows how easily influenced and gullible some people are.

Of course. Many people watch one of those Jeep commercials and instantly assume their Patriot, Renegade, or whatever, can do what they did in the commercial.

It just shows how easily influenced and gullible some people are.
Very true. The funny thing is a lot of folks get away with it for a goodly period of time. We used to off road some totally unworthy vehicles back in the day. It's surprising what you can get away with. Right up until you can't. The advertising isn't wrong really. It just doesn't tell the whole story.

Reactions: Chris
Very true. The funny thing is a lot of folks get away with it for a goodly period of time. We used to off road some totally unworthy vehicles back in the day. It's surprising what you can get away with. Right up until you can't. The advertising isn't wrong really. It just doesn't tell the whole story.

I believe that. I’m sure I could get my Subaru into a lot or places, but as soon as it required any sort of flex or lockers, I’d be stuck.

I believe that. I’m sure I could get my Subaru into a lot or places, but as soon as it required any sort of flex or lockers, I’d be stuck.
Oh man, don't underestimate your Subaru. There's a few configured for off road around and they do very well. Just keep them out of places where you need clearance, and like you said, lockers. (Or a winch)

Just don't get lost where Jerry goes !

View attachment 33954
Hell, I wouldn't attempt to take my TJ where Jerry takes his. There's a group of folks on here who take TJ's to a whole 'nother level. I can't, and don't play in that realm, but I do like seeing the pictures and hearing the stories. It's like listening to grandpa and the uncles telling stories of the bad old days.

He's at level 9 !
............................:monoloco:
Just imagine how big his definition of a boulder is :(

He even folded his side mirror so it does not get banged up with a boulder bigger than his rig!