Off Road Lighting Mount Location?

jarbra15

I want to add some off road lighting to my 2003 Jeep Wrangler. I am back and forth about what to buy. I can't mount up front on the bumper so I will either be doing a lower windshield pillar mount with spotlights or a LED bar mount w/ 50" LED light bar. What are the pros and cons? What do you have on your TJ and how is it working for??

I have a 50" light bar mounted on my wilderness rack & it's awesome, I love it!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456272772.249484.jpg

Reactions: JP13 and Chris
@jarbra15 I have both; a 50" LED light bar and the spot lights on the lower windshield. They work awesome! The 50" really lights up the road and the spot lights get just a tad further than the LED bar. I would 100% recommend a 50" as it throws light everywhere and is awesome for driving at night! Ever since I got the LED bar I've never used my high beams anymore as they don't do anything when the 50" is on. Here is a picture of what the 50" and spots look like and here is another with all my lights on… Reverse, 50", Spot, Fogs, and Headlights. Lets just say if you cut me off you will regret it lol :p

IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0263.JPG

Reactions: JP13
@jarbra15 I have both; a 50" LED light bar and the spot lights on the lower windshield. They work awesome! The 50" really lights up the road and the spot lights get just a tad further than the LED bar. I would 100% recommend a 50" as it throws light everywhere and is awesome for driving at night! Ever since I got the LED bar I've never used my high beams anymore as they don't do anything when the 50" is on. Here is a picture of what the 50" and spots look like and here is another with all my lights on… Reverse, 50", Spot, Fogs, and Headlights. Lets just say if you cut me off you will regret it lol :p

View attachment 3213

View attachment 3214

Dude, you must turn night to day with 4 KC's and a 50" bar. How did you run the wiring for the bar? Does it go up through one of the mounts?

I know the OP stated he could not bumper mount, but with a few modifications anything is possible. I found my lighting does the job very nicely.

Jeep 008.JPG

Reactions: JP13
@jarbra15 Yes it does turn night into day lol and those are the 6" 100W KC Lights so they are one of the brightest I could get :) I just fed the wire in between a space where the windshield cowl meets the body The first picture is where I ran the wire for the LED bar and the second one is where I ran the one for spots. I had to do that because both the wires wouldn't fit in one spot so I had to come up with another. Here is a picture of how I did it (I'm pointing to a hole but I circled where the wires run):

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg