Off-Road Only AirRock & How it Works

I started out on Allied beadlocks when I first built this Jeep but I kept burping my inner bead on some of the trails in the Rimrock area. A few other club members were also burping on some of the trails so it wasn't just me. At the time one member had a shop so they did a group buy of Staun inner beadlocks. I'd come across a great deal on the H1 rims and because I was familiar with them I went that route instead.

I'll run these tires until they are worn and then I'll switch to a 17" wheel. Not sure if I'm going to go inner beadlocks then or what I'll do.

We’re you guys running wider than say, a 8” wheel on 12.50 wide tires? I’d seen a few that would burp with a 10” wide wheel, the tires were just not clamped hard enough it did create issues.
I’ve always run 8” wide wheels on all my rigs, even the 13.50 Toyo’s. They pinch well.

Never ran into anyone using the stauns’s they hit the market around the same time as the staz...IIRC!

It’s wise to move to a 17”, like you, my Jeep is a snapshot to about 15 years back of tech but I like it that way. For now. 😂

Reactions: Wildman
Here’s a double beadlock for you ;)

That was WAY easier than trying to get the insert into a tire for the dual beadlocks like I have.

IMGP1666.jpg

IMGP1699.jpg

IMGP1701.jpg

Now getting that DANG NAB insert BACK OUT of the tire is even more of a fun time. But I'm learning tricks as I go.
Of course the insert that worked with the H1 rims doesn't work with the Staz rims so I have had to change them.

They were good lookin rims...…

IMGP1785.jpg

IMGP1792.jpg

We’re you guys running wider than say, a 8” wheel on 12.50 wide tires? I’d seen a few that would burp with a 10” wide wheel, the tires were just not clamped hard enough it did create issues.
I’ve always run 8” wide wheels on all my rigs, even the 13.50 Toyo’s. They pinch well.

Never ran into anyone using the stauns’s they hit the market around the same time as the staz...IIRC!

It’s wise to move to a 17”, like you, my Jeep is a snapshot to about 15 years back of tech but I like it that way. For now. 😂

8" rims were what I was running but I'm not sure about my club members. And I was running 35x13.5 Toyo M/T's at the time.

Mounting those Toyo's on the Allied rims.

IMG00749.jpg

That was WAY easier than trying to get the insert into a tire for the dual beadlocks like I have.

View attachment 149240

View attachment 149241

View attachment 149242

Now getting that DANG NAB insert BACK OUT of the tire is even more of a fun time. But I'm learning tricks as I go.
Of course the insert that worked with the H1 rims doesn't work with the Staz rims so I have had to change them.

They were good lookin rims...…

View attachment 149243

View attachment 149244

8" rims were what I was running but I'm not sure about my club members. And I was running 35x13.5 Toyo M/T's at the time.

Mounting those Toyo's on the Allied rims.

View attachment 149245

Nice looking wheels for sure! Those inserts suck, lots of liquid soap!

hmm, never ran red rock. TSF, crushers, goldendale, etc.

Red rock is foreign to me, but maybe you ran lower than I did! 5-6 psi for rocks, I generally pulled the core for snow. 1-3 psi.

I’d like to wheel with you man. Maybe you will show me a few things for sure, sounds like our crews were different!
👍👊

Nice looking wheels for sure! Those inserts suck, lots of liquid soap!

hmm, never ran red rock. TSF, crushers, goldendale, etc.

Red rock is foreign to me, but maybe you ran lower than I did! 5-6 psi for rocks, I generally pulled the core for snow. 1-3 psi.

I’d like to wheel with you man. Maybe you will show me a few things for sure, sounds like our crews were different!
👍👊

2 PSI trying out my new tires and rims....

IMGP1916.jpg

IMGP1917.jpg

Hopefully I'll have the Jeep running and back on the road/trail this year. Once it's running again we'll have to get together for a run & camping trip.

Reactions: Wildman
Now that it's running and getting a face lift are you signed up for this year? Doubt we will have it though.

It's not running yet. Block is at the machine shop and parts are starting to roll in for the face lift. But yes I doubt the Jamboree will even happen but at this point they are still saying it will.

I was asked how this system works so I thought instead of clogging up another persons thread I'd start one so interested people could ask questions.

Off-Road Only They offer a lot of different kits for many platforms of Jeep but this is a TJ forum so for the TJ they offer a 4" & 6" kit. You can use it on a short arm or long arm suspension. The also offer a Dual Rate swaybar setup that you can use a air cylinder to lock and unlock it.

They system is a self leveling kit that is controled by a computer and a dash controller. Under 25 MPH you can be in manual mode and adjust your ride height or tilt the Jeep side to side, front to back & corner to corner. When you go above 35 MPH it goes into highway mode and lowers the suspension down to a preset height and then self adjusts no matter how much weight you have in the Jeep or if you are towing a trailer. It also self levels as you go around corners.

Here are pictures of the computer and air manifold View attachment 138750View attachment 138751View attachment 138752

Here is what it looks like hooked up.

View attachment 138759

Then this is the controller for the dash

View attachment 138754View attachment 138755

The system uses height sensors to determine how much air to put into each air bag. The sensors are connected to the lower arms of your suspension.

View attachment 138760View attachment 138761

Here is the SwayLoc Dual Rate front swaybar. You can lock and unlock it with the dash controller.

View attachment 138762

This video isn't of my TJ but it shows what the AirRock can do.

Here is my TJ going thru the Demo Mode also.

So fire off your questions and I will try to answer any of them that I can. It isn't a cheap system and I don't think it is what EVERYONE wants but I am a lower right leg amputee and so being able to lower my TJ down to it's bump stops for getting into and out of it sure helps. When I bought the system I hadn't had my leg amputated yet but I had been shot in the leg while deployed to Iraq so I had mobility issues with my right leg. Even on 38" tires it makes it easier with it lowered down.
Wowee
Thx for sharing !!!