Alabama Off road parks north AL

Lckydrw

I am looking to visit some friends in Huntsville in February. I figured I could drag the Jeep up and get in some riding too. I ride Stoney often so not wanting to go there. I’m looking at Hawk Pride or Holly Tree off road after a quick Google search. Any suggestions on either?

Hawk Pride, Chocco, Morris Mountain (check to see if their open, not open every weekend) are all good parks.

Google Iron Gap Road which is a great trail right on the AL/TN border. I have never been on the AL side, but the actual Iron Gap Road section in TN is a great day.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Thank you all! First weekend in February is the plan for now. If anyone wants to meet up and ride.
Hawk Pride is a good time. Of the 6 parks I have been to Hawk Pride is easily my favorite. AOP, The Cove, Windrock, Wheelin in the Country and Wooly close to that order.
The cove? Is this a park or trail? I’m no lt finding much on it.

Coppinger Cove is a bit of an adventure or expedition. It's fun until you try to leave. There doesn't seem to be a good map. An experienced guide would be helpful.

Another thing about The Cove, there are not hardly any signs at forks or crossroads the group I went with was semi lost.

I usually follow somebody that knows the area. Riding with @gasiorv and seeing his detailed notes taught me to do the same. Unfortunately it doesn't work very well at Coppinger Cove.

Another thing about The Cove, there are not hardly any signs at forks or crossroads the group I went with was semi lost.

I usually follow somebody that knows the area. Riding with @gasiorv and seeing his detailed notes taught me to do the same. Unfortunately it doesn't work very well at Coppinger Cove.
Thanks for the info. I’m thinking Hawk Pride will be best for this trip.

The cove is one of those places that you want to go with someone who has been there before (a few times) and somewhat knows their way around. There is no published maps (you can find some trails on GAIA and on a SxS map app) and nothing is marked. Coalmont OHV is currently in the process of turning one small section of the cove into an actual park, but right now I think they just have beginner trails. I think coalmont OHV has a FB page with info.

The cove is an awesome place with some very cool things to see (caves, churches, a few really tough rock gardens, and a lot of creek crossings) and it is worth the trip, but I would definitely go with someone who is familiar with the area.

As far as Hawk Pride goes, post up a few weeks before you go in February and possibly a few of us can join you there.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
... Coalmont OHV is currently in the process of turning one small section of the cove into an actual park, but right now I think they just have beginner trails.
Sounds like my kind of park...

FYI, we went to this event in March and it was fun. However this was the first park I had brought my jeep since buying it the fall before and I was itching to go offroad so I was ready for the racing to end.

_nc_ohc=7hPbSuh31wEAX9KwsvU&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.jpg

The cove is one of those places that you want to go with someone who has been there before (a few times) and somewhat knows their way around. There is no published maps (you can find some trails on GAIA and on a SxS map app) and nothing is marked. Coalmont OHV is currently in the process of turning one small section of the cove into an actual park, but right now I think they just have beginner trails. I think coalmont OHV has a FB page with info.

The cove is an awesome place with some very cool things to see (caves, churches, a few really tough rock gardens, and a lot of creek crossings) and it is worth the trip, but I would definitely go with someone who is familiar with the area.

As far as Hawk Pride goes, post up a few weeks before you go in February and possibly a few of us can join you there.
Cool I’ll do it. The cove sounds very cool. Maybe we can link up and you can show me around sometime.

Im planning to be up the weekend before this. But if our plans change, I’ll avoid this.
I wouldn't say to necessarily avoid it. You can still go around the park on other trails while this event is going on. We were stuck because the guy that was going to lead our group was added to the staff to work the event at the last minute. You will have to pay a slightly higher rate for that day and there will be more people there on the trails but we didn't have much problems given that.

Sounds like my kind of park...
That is why I keep my jeep on 35's, stock wheelbase, short arms. It makes every trail fun, I have fun on the hard trails with the big boys and also on the trails getting to the trails :)