Washington Off-roading in the Pacific Northwest

Ante_Up

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
On vacation in Sequim Washington... Are there any local areas to do some off-roading?

Back when I used to live in WA I drove some trails to the south of Sequim. There is a road up to Hurricane Ridge and then a trail that leads east (Obstruction Point RD) from there along the ridge that's got some unbelievable views. Not a technical trail but a great little drive. It finally comes back down (Deer Park Road) to the north near Sequim.

The stretch between Deer Park campground and Obstruction Peak used to be a pretty rough trail in areas. It's been years since I drove it however. It may be improved.

I found a video of Obstruction Point RD on Youtube. If you're afraid of heights skip from about 4:50 to 6:30....

Last edited:
Reactions: Ante_Up
Back when I used to live in WA I drove some trails to the south of Sequim. There is a road up to Hurricane Ridge and then a trail that leads east (Obstruction Point RD) from there along the ridge that's got some unbelievable views. Not a technical trail but a great little drive. It finally comes back down (Deer Park Road) to the north near Sequim.

The stretch between Deer Park campground and Obstruction Peak used to be a pretty rough trail in areas. It's been years since I drove it however. It may be improved.

I found a video of Obstruction Point RD on Youtube. If you're afraid of heights skip from about 4:50 to 6:30....

I was just at Hurricane Ridge today and saw the sign for Obstruction Point Rd... Wasn't sure we were allowed to take it... Have to check it out tomorrow... Thanks,

Sadie creek is about an hour away, I haven’t been there yet though.
About an hour and a half the other direction is tahuya. Pretty mild there but fun depending on how your jeep is built. Stock there is fine

There used to be some decent stuff around Port Angeles back in the early 80’s and some good MX stuff in the late 80’s early 90’s but most of that is closed also

Reactions: Ante_Up
I appreciate it everyone! It does appear that a lot of places are closed. Mainly finding gravel mountain roads with a view... Which at the end of the day, still isn't a bad thing. I'll check out Sadie Creek/ Radiator Hill