Off roading skills

@Dawghouse wow!!! fantastic.
Snow wheeling is in my bucket list well my TJ bucket list as my JKU has already played in the white stuff.

I am sure I will be back up there at some point and if I do you might get a PM from me

We are planning on going back with the girls in the spring. But we will be back in the winter for sure. January seems to be the best time to go. We usually stay in one of the cabins. Maybe we could all meet up one weekend up there. It's a great wheeling park. We are looking at maybe doing Tellico soon.

We are planning on going back with the girls in the spring. But we will be back in the winter for sure. January seems to be the best time to go. We usually stay in one of the cabins. Maybe we could all meet up one weekend up there. It's a great wheeling park. We are looking at maybe doing Tellico soon.
We stayed in the large cabin you pass by on the road in to WindRock.
I will definitely give you a heads up.

Is Tellico open again?

Reactions: Dawghouse
Is is our motley crew. I'm in the green. We have been wheeling together forever it seems like.
IMG_1528.jpg
IMG_1440.JPG

Cool keep us updated as I missed the chance to go there before they closed it. My TJ back then was not capable enough for Tellico but things have changed since :)

I will, as soon as I find out for sure I will post up. I have the GPX file of the trails. I can email it to you. We use MotionX gps app. Best app I have ever found.

Reactions: JeepNWilly
Thats not the worst abuse I've seen but it's still pretty stupid drive like that. On something that muddy, crawling probably wouldn't work. He gave it a bit too much throttle in my opinion, but that Jeep looks built enough to handle it. I wouldn't do it to my Jeep. At the same time, I didn't build my Jeep to be nice to it. It's nice to see a JKU thats actually wheeled.

EDIT: This is the worst abuse I've seen:
You mean I need to stop doing this in my 2.5?...lol

Reactions: TJ2
I'm used to crawling over rocks. I suppose that mud would make it difficult to crawl in that situation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I ran Trail 26 at Windrock Park in Jan- its was icy and slick..Took it all the way to Petros (next town over) cause there was no way I was driving back up 26 that day. Great pics.

I'm used to crawling over rocks. I suppose that mud would make it difficult to crawl in that situation.

I’m a Crawler too. But this last weekend it was wet and wild. Definitely a game changer, but you can still crawl. It’s just a mess and clean up is a lot worse.
C9C32BC8-FB78-4D30-8F4C-3F09ABCD4FA4.png

4924E95B-B44F-4513-B4E2-6060219493EB.png

I ran Trail 26 at Windrock Park in Jan- its was icy and slick..Took it all the way to Petros (next town over) cause there was no way I was driving back up 26 that day. Great pics.
We were there Jan 19th, 20th, and 21st. And yes it was very icy. There were 5 of us out running the trails all weekend. Looking forward to going back.

I’m a Crawler too. But this last weekend it was wet and wild. Definitely a game changer, but you can still crawl. It’s just a mess and clean up is a lot worse.
View attachment 33042
View attachment 33043
Nice! Mud sucks!!! I go duck hunting in ND every fall and it never fails that we're power washing the underside of the truck daily. It NEVER comes out 100%. Tons of fun though.

Reactions: JMT
Nice! Mud sucks!!! I go duck hunting in ND every fall and it never fails that we're power washing the underside of the truck daily. It NEVER comes out 100%. Tons of fun though.

I agree. Different kind of off roading but same kind of mud. I especially wanted to get to the front of the race on muddy days because that stuff hurt when it was flying back at you from another driver's tires! :cursing:

picture.jpg