Official hardtop removal date?

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
What date did Chris designate this year was the official date to be able to remove your hardtop and start running your soft top for the southeast United States.

I remember it was different for different zones.

And also is there a 5-day early start program again this year If you have full doors?

Thanks
Andy

Geez , this forum has some tough guidelines..I guess it's for the best.

I can't speak to your weather, but the weather is rainy and exceptionally shitty up here as always!

My thought was always that the hardtop doesn't come off until I see at least 10 days of nothing but sun on the forecast.

I can't speak to your weather, but the weather is rainy and exceptionally shitty up here as always!

My thought was always that the hardtop doesn't come off until I see at least 10 days of nothing but sun on the forecast.
If I were to go by that it would stay on forever.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
I suppose it's much easier to remove the top when you have a soft top. Removing the hardtop can be a pain, even with a hoist like I have.

My hard top removal date was about a month after I bought it. Sold the hard top and never went back! Here in the central part of NC it's not unusual to have 60 degrees a few days in December, January & February. So who needs a hard top?

My owner's manual says April 15th and October 15th are the officially sanctioned soft top/hard top conversion dates.
But, you have to look it up on the conversion chart, depending on whether you use full factory hard doors, factory half doors, full fabric doors, half fabric doors, tube doors, no doors, mirrors, or no mirrors. Or foot pegs. :)

But, you have to look it up on the conversion chart, depending on whether you use full factory hard doors, factory half doors, full fabric doors, half fabric doors, tube doors, no doors, mirrors, or no mirrors. Or foot pegs. :)
Exactly .

then if you get online and you start seeing the 4-door regulations and get confused... This stuff is not as simple as everybody thinks.

Mine was about 6 weeks ago, but I didn’t really have a choice.
7a49726a6a9bc090d7f85726c5003906.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NM legislature is considering an Arizona move, and staying on DST all year 'round. If that goes through, I guess that means I will have to sell my hard top and leave the soft top on from now on...

For the life of me I can't understand any practical need for daylight savings time.

Reactions: Mrgreg66