Official Pirate 4X4 Thread!

Wow ! Just took a stroll thru Pirate 4x4 , did not not realize that I was that naïve or stupid in regards to all things about jeeps . THANKYOU members of Wrangler TJ Forum for the knowledge and information an most of all the patience for this dumbo.

Reactions: reddvltj
Wow ! Just took a stroll thru Pirate 4x4 , did not not realize that I was that naïve or stupid in regards to all things about jeeps . THANKYOU members of Wrangler TJ Forum for the knowledge and information an most of all the patience for this dumbo.
It was great at one time for other things, it was never great in the Jeep TJ section. At one point they broke up the Jeep section into newbie and hardcore. Then the moderators got confused about the differences. Even before that though, if you were on a few boards, it didn't take long to figure out that the only difference in most of the posts was the color of the back ground since most were just cut and pasting the same questions several different places. That also generated the same responses, some good, some not so good. The lack of understanding was just as prevalent there as it is elsewhere.

The OP is trying to relive the heyday which is a fruitless endeavor. It is about the same as wanting to go back to the 50's, cruise Main, chase girls in cheerleader outfits, talk shit on the jocks, and sport your DA. Sentiment is nice, but those days are gone.

It was great at one time for other things, it was never great in the Jeep TJ section. At one point they broke up the Jeep section into newbie and hardcore. Then the moderators got confused about the differences. Even before that though, if you were on a few boards, it didn't take long to figure out that the only difference in most of the posts was the color of the back ground since most were just cut and pasting the same questions several different places. That also generated the same responses, some good, some not so good. The lack of understanding was just as prevalent there as it is elsewhere.

The OP is trying to relive the heyday which is a fruitless endeavor. It is about the same as wanting to go back to the 50's, cruise Main, chase girls in cheerleader outfits, talk shit on the jocks, and sport your DA. Sentiment is nice, but those days are gone.
I am not old enough to know wat a cruise in is…

I am not old enough to know wat a cruise in is…
Back in the olden days people gather together in real life to bitch about their vehicles.
It was also an opportunity to tell other people they didn't know what they were doing to their face.
And we fought with fists about it instead of using gifs and memes.
And nobody was correct for saying "your" because is sounded just like "you're".
Those where the days................................

Only because you don't want to be. There are many places here in CA where it is still done and if you need a primer, just fetch up a copy of American Graffiti and watch it.
This is how I see most of California, this is north of San Francisco about 40 miles

82842541-F0DE-4579-A2C1-456560FA46DB.jpeg

Oh man...those were the days. Locally, Grand Haven was where we went to cruise. I had a nice (haha) little S-10. It was only a couple years old...bright red, chrome wheels, blacked out bumpers. It was the "work truck" version. A stripped down 4 cylinder model, but what the hell...I was in high school and it was almost NEW. It wasn't some clapped out POS. Anyway, we got kicked out of that town one night...for what, I don't even remember. I do remember the cops jumping out of the bushes and yelling at us...Whatever...kids were kids. It was a long time ago, but it was a lot of fun!

Reactions: TJ Starting
Oh man...those were the days. Locally, Grand Haven was where we went to cruise. I had a nice (haha) little S-10. It was only a couple years old...bright red, chrome wheels, blacked out bumpers. It was the "work truck" version. A stripped down 4 cylinder model, but what the hell...I was in high school and it was almost NEW. It wasn't some clapped out POS. Anyway, we got kicked out of that town one night...for what, I don't even remember. I do remember the cops jumping out of the bushes and yelling at us...Whatever...kids were kids. It was a long time ago, but it was a lot of fun!
In my home town, cruising Main on Friday and Saturday nights was the result of little else to do. You could go to bars, one of 3 movie theaters, a very sad miniature golf course, or you could cruise. Every group had a spot that you could park near and hang out, chat, and watch others cruising. If you weren't old enough to hit the bars and saw the movie that wouldn't change for a month or longer, that again, left cruising.