Official TJ Fest 2021 picture thread

Man, so many great pics! Wish I could have been there, but the thought of using my DD and only vehicle to do this is a bit terrifying. lol

If this happens next year, maybe I can make that one.

Reactions: mrjp and Vasq
Wow. That is really cool.
He’s processing a few more we made. That thing was cool man, it’s a DJI with a set of goggles so you can fly it FPV. You control it with one had by tilting the controller & managing the throttle with a trigger.

He ran me through a training program for about 10 minutes & let me loose. It was incredibly intuitive. I think he paid about $2500 for it.

I posted these over on Toby's thread (@SecondChanceTJ), but thought this was also a good spot to do so. Here are a few videos of Toby doing Toby. Taking all the toughest lines, and making it look easy.

Case in point. This ledge is a bit more gnarly than it looks:

Here is one one of me trying to follow Toby's line - after he made it look easy:

And trying to keep up with him once again.,.

Here is Toby coming up what I call "The Widowmaker Gatekeeper." Again, making it look easy. This one is genuinely scary with a nasty off camber to the right toward a huge dropoff. Toby did not sweat it, and crawled right up.

And here is one more that I will post. This is not Toby, but rather me coming down this nasty ledge on Metal Masher.

I put this here because I watched Toby climb UP this obstacle, taking about the same line I came down. Unfortunately, I did not get a video. Man, Toby has a set:

I posted these over on Toby's thread (@SecondChanceTJ), but thought this was also a good spot to do so. Here are a few videos of Toby doing Toby. Taking all the toughest lines, and making it look easy.

Here is one one of me trying to follow Toby's line - after he made it look easy:

Here is Toby coming up what I call "The Widowmaker Gatekeeper." Again, making it look easy. This one is genuinely scary with a nasty off camber to the right toward a huge dropoff. Toby did not sweat it, and crawled right up.

And here is one more that I will post. This is not Toby, but rather me coming down this nasty ledge on Metal Masher.

I put this here because I watched Toby climb UP this obstacle, taking about the same line I came down. Unfortunately, I did not get a video. Man, Toby has a set:

Thanks for uploading those! I didn’t get a chance to get too many pics and videos when I didn’t have any passengers, so I’m glad y’all got a bunch.

Metal masher 3 was actually Golden Spike, I believe

Reactions: PNBLD and Tob

GO Toby!! Fun wheeling with u and u did great job :)

Reactions: Tob
I am new to the go pro and you tube thing, so these aren't the best and kind of long (even though I edited them down) but I will get better over time. Please provide feedback on camera mounting, editing, etc... so I can improve in the future.

Moab Day 1 is with Team America on PS, GS, and GB and the footage isn't too bad because there is usually some one in front of me to give reference and to highlight.
Moab Day 1

Moab Day 2 is at Hell's Revenge in the rain and I tried a different camera mounting point. The mounting point gives a decent perspective, but that perspective by itself is not really that good because it doesn't give any other type of reference. I really am not happy with this video but you can scroll through if you want. At around minute 19 you can see me climb out and onto the front tire to pull winch cable and that kind of shows you how steep that hole on escalator is.
Moab Day 2

Moab Day 3 - I didn't have camera so no video
Moab Day 4 - with Team America on TOTW. This is my favorite because it has my 16 yo son driving.
Moab Day 4

98404037-F7C4-4F1D-9EF8-857F8E77A00D.jpeg