Utah Official TJ Fest 2023 Thread

Things can get steep, so here’s an idea of what 81:1 crawl ratio will look like going downhill for @lBasket. No brakes were used in this demonstration. 🤣

Going downhill in 4L in 1st gear I often need to bring the RPM's up from idle. The auto trans Jeep in front of me is all up on their brakes.

Things can get steep, so here’s an idea of what 81:1 crawl ratio will look like going downhill for @lBasket. No brakes were used in this demonstration. 🤣

How much slower can you go with your brakes before it starts to buck and die? Do you do that often or all?

Going downhill in 4L in 1st gear I often need to bring the RPM's up from idle. The auto trans Jeep in front of me is all up on their brakes.
I'll have to test it again on something steep in Moab but I can't recall needing much brake when idling down steep obstacles using rubicrawler. I'm not opposed to using my brakes either.

I think that'd be a big thing to have to get used to going manual -> auto but doubt it'd actually be a big deal

I'll have to test it again on something steep in Moab but I can't recall needing much brake when idling down steep obstacles using rubicrawler

Even with just the 4:1 I haven't felt like I needed much braking down anything steep. I can only imagine with the rubicrawler on there too...

EJS is March 24-30
Cruise Moab is April 14-21

So April 21-27 looks pretty good to me. Any later and it gets even hotter.
I am in for those dates

Keith

Sorry I was not meaning to try an change things, just saw this post. I didn't even know there was a summer one planned. Where is the info on that?

Sorry I was not meaning to try an change things, just saw this post. I didn't even know there was a summer one planned. Where is the info on that?

There was two trips in 2023 & looks like there will be again in 20204. I will say that when I'd gone before we went in May instead of April for the little bit nicer weather.
But everyone decide on some dates for the Spring trip and we'll start a new thread.