Utah Official TJ Fest 2024

I'll look into it online. Having never done Moab and traveling alone in April I'd probably be up for something like that.

Is this sign not accurate or do Jeeps not count as OHV?

View attachment 495458

No, Jeeps are not classed as OHV’s.

No fuckin’ Side by Sides….

I like this trail already.

🙂

Do any of you carry extra fuel for the longer days on the Moab trails? My LJ is pretty thirsty.
..or a quantity of water other than for drinking?

Do any of you carry extra fuel for the longer days on the Moab trails? My LJ is pretty thirsty.

Occasionally I'll carry an extra splash of fuel. Haven't ever needed it though.
I carry some extra antifreeze, I just always have it on board along with various tools and such. Plenty of drinking water, lunch, snacks and a first aid kit are always on board too!

Occasionally I'll carry an extra splash of fuel. Haven't ever needed it though.
I carry some extra antifreeze, I just always have it on board along with various tools and such. Plenty of drinking water, lunch, snacks and a first aid kit are always on board too!

I carry all that and then some but will try to lighten up a bit. I despise any hint that I might run out of fuel.. it's inconvenient and embarrassing. 😆

Not Moab but if you drive to elephant hill and back there isn’t much fuel available and that is 70 miles each way plus the fuel you burn wheeling. Last time I did elephant hill I trailered down.

Reactions: NOTNSUV
I carry all that and then some but will try to lighten up a bit. I despise any hint that I might run out of fuel.. it's inconvenient and embarrassing. 😆

I’m fine with using straight water and no antifreeze to get me back to Moab if needed. Water is good to have.

If you are wheeling alone, you're rarely someplace where someone else wouldn't come by within short order. Hopefully mostly you'd be with at least one other rig

I carry 2 gallons of distilled water in a rotopax mounted to my cage. Clears with or without hardtop.
And drinking water if course.

Might adjust to 5 gallons distilled and 2 for drinking.
Distilled is ok in a pinch but no minerals to fortify.
All overkill until it's not.

Doesn't seem like it's mentioned much on the Moab Trailfest threads, is anyone interested in wheeling Elephant Hill? I've done it twice and it's definitely one of the best trails I've experienced! For sure doing it again this year! Moderately difficult sections and spectacular scenery! A full day as its about an hour southof Moab.
I'd coordinate with whoever might be down to go.

Since it looks like you'll be there later in the week I'll have time to get either confident or spooked on a few of the more difficult trails. Either way, I'll welcome a nice scenic cruise to Elephant Hill. I can trailer down as suggested assuming the way out gets us to the staging area. So count me in.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT
Since it looks like you'll be there later in the week I'll have time to get either confident or spooked on a few of the more difficult trails. Either way, I'll welcome a nice scenic cruise to Elephant Hill. I can trailer down as suggested assuming the way out gets us to the staging area. So count me in.

There's a parking lot at the entrance to Elephant Hill. I suspect you can unload your rig there. Just make sure you call in advance and get reservations. They only allow so many rigs in per day.

I totally want to go, but my daughter is getting married, so I'm out. 😢
Congratulations! I've done it twice. Bring your snot rag tough guy!

This one was 15 years ago.

Heather Wedding.jpg