Utah Official TJ Fest 2024

You better be there in June.

If the motorhome is fixed and the Jeep is ready I'll be there... Right now it's looking like the motorhome will be fixed... Not that my pocketbook will enjoy it.

The Jeep should be ready by June. I've got 3.5 months.

Hey kids, looks like I will be able to make it this year, I just booked a spot at the KOA 4-21 to 4-27. When we get closer I will reach out to get phone numbers.

Cool. Another old fart rowing gears. Our builds are similar.
I'll see if I can handle a week in a tent.

Reactions: DJs TJ
Hell yea, autos are for ........😬, i am building an off road camper from a 5x8 cargo trailer with a real bed. No more sleeping on the ground for me.

I'll be on a cot or an air mattress in the tent.

KOA just popped with a 30% Spring Discount but only had 1 SAND tent site available. I'll stick with the Sun unit and drive the 10 miles to town every day.

Reactions: Wildman
I'll be on a cot or an air mattress in the tent.

KOA just popped with a 30% Spring Discount but only had 1 SAND tent site available. I'll stick with the Sun unit and drive the 10 miles to town every day.

I saw that, I got mine for 20% off for a pull thru full hook up site. I had a worry about a noise coming from the trans area and was thinking the worst. It ended up being the front driveshaft. I have a new one in the box from Tom Woods and plan on installing it next week.

Reactions: Wildman
I have to cancel too, really sorry. Cannot leave the wife, she has hip problems and needs a replacement.
Just cannot leave her for that long. Hoping for June, but probably 2025. @ 78 yesterday, can't wait too long !!

Regretfully, I also cancelled my tent site reservation. We have new permanent guardianship of twin 6-year-old grand daughters at our 'advanced' age. As you can imagine it's a lot to deal with, they'll still be in school in April, and too much for grandma to deal with on her own for a week, even if she did give me permission to go. They're a joy not a burden, but certainly require 100%.

I still have a reservation for a room in June so the plan is to drag the gang along for that.

Hope you have a blast.

I have to cancel too, really sorry. Cannot leave the wife, she has hip problems and needs a replacement.
Just cannot leave her for that long. Hoping for June, but probably 2025. @ 78 yesterday, can't wait too long !!

Hope things go well for you two.

Myself and 2 others will be there for sure. We’d like to do Golden Spike on day. It would be great if you could trail guide for us. We plan on going to Elephant Hill that Monday so any day after that works.

Sure sounds like fun. Have led spike a few times, its a long day if you run all the way from Poison Spider to Gemini bridges. You can also make it an out and back from Gemini depending on what you want. Spike is a fairly difficult trail in spots. Will be leading Poison Spider and Steel Bender the week before for the Toyota club. Lets see who else is coming and then we can decide

Elephant hill is a beautiful area with nice rock colors - Long highway drive to it from Moab. Have plenty of gas. Its in a the National Park so you have to follow their rules and get a permit.

Reactions: Roadcapt