Officially moving to Huntsville, AL

Artsifrtsi

I just wanna go wheeling...
Supporting Member
Long have I wanted to escape South Florida. Back in October I had an interview, then an offer. I will be driving up on the 22nd of Jan to start working on the 1st. Wife and son will stay with family once house sells, and follow as soon as school is out for the summer. Florida house goes on the market today, then I need to find a house in Huntsville.

Looking forward to @AndyG and others to show me around on trails! I'll be up just in the JT until I have a house to keep the TJ at as well.

Long have I wanted to escape South Florida. Back in October I had an interview, then an offer. I will be driving up on the 22nd of Jan to start working on the 1st. Wife and son will stay with family once house sells, and follow as soon as school is out for the summer. Florida house goes on the market today, then I need to find a house in Huntsville.

Looking forward to @AndyG and others to show me around on trails! I'll be up just in the JT until I have a house to keep the TJ at as well.
We are ready for ya. Come on.

I only spent about a year down in south Florida - didn't care for it. The rest of my time was up on the Panhandle and I enjoyed it much more. It's basically Alabama. Roll Tide.

Come on up the waters fine!!!!

I am just a little east and north of @AndyG looking forward to meeting up!!!+

Congrats. Kinda of a creepy question but, how old is your son?

I ask because I started a new position January 11 that affords the opportunity to live anywhere in the country. Currently live in CA. There are pluses to living hear. Weather the obvious. Going to turn the pool on because it’s supposed to be that warm this weekend but, that means there probably a brush fire somewhere. Taxes suck, traffic is worse than advertised and, most of the people suck. Trying to convince my family to move but, my daughter is in middle school. Good friends and more important, outstanding grades. Wife is reluctant to upset that.

Reactions: John Cooper
Congrats. Kinda of a creepy question but, how old is your son?

I ask because I started a new position January 11 that affords the opportunity to live anywhere in the country. Currently live in CA. There are pluses to living hear. Weather the obvious. Going to turn the pool on because it’s supposed to be that warm this weekend but, that means there probably a brush fire somewhere. Taxes suck, traffic is worse than advertised and, most of the people suck. Trying to convince my family to move but, my daughter is in middle school. Good friends and more important, outstanding grades. Wife is reluctant to upset that.
He just turned 7, so he's at a good age to relocate.

Wife wants the Jones Valley estates area, I would prefer more land and rural. looking to purchase somewhere in the $350k-$400k range... purchased our house down here at $275k in 2012, listing tonight for $479k. We will need to add something like a granny-pod/mother-in-law house to the property, have given serious thoughts to finding a house with pre-existing detached garage, and remodeling it to the apt. for her folks.

He just turned 7, so he's at a good age to relocate.

Wife wants the Jones Valley estates area, I would prefer more land and rural. looking to purchase somewhere in the $350k-$400k range... purchased our house down here at $275k in 2012, listing tonight for $479k. We will need to add something like a granny-pod/mother-in-law house to the property, have given serious thoughts to finding a house with pre-existing detached garage, and remodeling it to the apt. for her folks.
If you look at a house, get me the address and I 'll copy you to Bob Baudendistel at zoning and see what the set backs are for that property if needed.

Andy

Reactions: Artsifrtsi
If you look at a house, get me the address and I 'll copy you to Bob Baudendistel at zoning and see what the set backs are for that property if needed.

Andy
Thanks, Wife took her real estate exam and passed, now needs to sign with a broker to hang her licence.

Reactions: AndyG