OFLO - UHF/LTE, hybrid walkie/phone thing

Vasq

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
https://www.oflo.io/?utm_source=Exp...m=blog&utm_campaign=Overland+news+of+the+week
I'm not well versed in either radio technology or cellphone tech, but I just saw this today and thought it sounded kinda neat. Is it needed for the regular person? Probably not in the slightest. But I thought you guys might get a kick out of it.

As far as I can tell, its a UHF walkie-talkie with dual sim card slots and a transcriber.. and cameras, and all the other phone stuff.

Edit: A few more details

• 4G: FDD-LTE B1/B3/B5/B7/B8/B20 ; TDD-LTE B38/B39/B40/B41z
  • Dual micro SIM dual standby
  • 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM
  • 2.8 inch TFT capacitive touch screen
  • Type-C headphone port and charging
  • Double cameras, 2MP front camera, 5.0MP AF back camera with LED flashlight
  • Supports GPS & NFC
  • 2W and .5W analog walkie talkie modes
  • UHF 400-470MHz with option to lock at FRS frequencies
  • IP67
  • Removable 5300mAh Li-ion battery that results in 36 hours standby with UHF enabled and 18 hours moderate use

Last edited:
The screen is unfortunate, but a combo cell phone and walkie-talkie does make some sense. I'm not seeing what frequencies the thing works with though...

Ah! UHF/FRS. Although I'd like to have seen it be a dual bander - after all, Baofeng does it for $20 - this beats a poke in the eye with a mascara brush for sure! The dual SIM feature will be welcomed by many. I'm just not happy with the exposed and vulnerable screen. Either do away with it, make it a flip, or put some kind of cover over it.

Ah! UHF/FRS. Although I'd like to have seen it be a dual bander - after all, Baofeng does it for $20 - this beats a poke in the eye with a mascara brush for sure! The dual SIM feature will be welcomed by many. I'm just not happy with the exposed and vulnerable screen. Either do away with it, make it a flip, or put some kind of cover over it.
Yeah, screen isn't too big but it'd exposed. I'm sure if it grows in popularity there will be a case/cover for it